*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730695-How-do-you-write-a-novel-again
Rated: E · Monologue · Opinion · #1730695
Me and my rambling on about how to approach the task of writing a first novel.
I am still trying to get my head around the idea of writing a novel. There are times it seems completely overwhelming and almost paralyzing to think about. At other times it wont seem too hard at all after looking at my outline it all seems to come into focus and I will often jump right in and write another piece of the story right on the spot.

I have never written a novel before and doing it seemed all but impossible until this past year. I did something in 2010 that some have laughed at and others thought was a waste of time. I however have had a blast doing it and encourage others to as well. I made a new years resolution. Not the typical resolution however. My resolution was one I knew that I could do and would do all year. I decded to go see a movie at the theater each and every week in 2010. I would then start a blog writing about the adventure at the movies every week. Wow what a year it has been. I have just completed week 48 of MickGee's Movie Madness 2010 and have watched 53 movies. That's right I actually paid to see 53 movies at the theater. The greatest part about this experience was that I found a way to write approx. 1,500 words a week, each week. As of today I have written more than 72,000 words in my blog during 2010. It is my understanding that this is equivelent to the average novel plus 10,000 words or so.

So as I look back over the past year I am confident and inspired about writing a novel... and TERRIFIED!

You see I have already made my new years resolution for 2011. And if people thought I was crazy for last years idea they are really gonna think I'm stupid for this one. I am going to write a novel... one week at a time... on line... on my blog in 2011. I know stupid right? What was I thinking? Making a promise to my loyal blog followers to give them weekly content to read from my flegling novel. My FIRST novel. I am reaching for a paper bag right this second as I think I might be hyperventalating. Breathe in... breathe out, breathe in... breathe out. If I survive the next... pant... pant...  few moments I will return... to write more.

For now I declare, (after collecting myself and taking a deep breath) "Inspiration, Illiteration, Illumination!"   
© Copyright 2010 Howard Marcus (mickgee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730695-How-do-you-write-a-novel-again