*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730779-Tales-Of-The-Old-Kind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1730779
A tale of a hero traveling down the path of fate, who knows whats in store for him.
There are many tales out there. Some old, some new, some yet unborn. These are what interest us, we want to know what happens we must know who wins, who loses who survives and who dies. This particular tales outcome will rely on its heros strength and courage. Wont you join us as we discover the world of Verloren.

Chapter 1: Unknown Future

The story of chaldurn a boy raised in a tiny village know was Kolstock. Chaldurn has no siblings an only child. His father was a soldier in the guard that protects the town. His mother was the only source of entertainment for the young boy other then his only friend Mikal. They both would sword fight with sticks of course Chaldurn would always win thanks to the training he had received from his father.

All seemed well in Kolstock but with the war between Goldark and Verloren The two major powers in this land. the guard have been on edge they must be weary of raiding party's from the lands of Goldark these where to be no normal raiding party's as Humans are not the only inhabitants of Goldark these lands are home to none other then Orcs and shadow claws and many more we will come to know. the shadow claws are the Horse of the Orcs much larger then a horse. Only a creature as vile and deadly as them could hope to tame them. They howl as a wolf would but they do not move in packs they are creatures of solitude with these dangers to look out for in the darkness been a guard was no easy feat there had been reports of raiding's in the villages close to Kolstock the guards where on edge as a raiding party could show up at any moment.

For defence the guards would be outfitted with light chain mail and heavy axes swords would not be very effective against these brutes. there skin as strong as iron there teeth as shard as razors Orc carry hammers axes all two handed weapons it is rare to see an Orc without a axe.

In Kolstock Higgon Chaldurn's father was on duty it was late as night and there was a terrible fog descending on the land. Out of nowhere two peasants appeared at the front gate requesting a safe place to stay the night the guards had no reason to mistrust the peasants and opend the gate for them.

As the peasants hurried to the opened gate they suddenly fell to the ground and a roar echoed in the distance. "Orcs!" Higgon shouted but it was to late Orc waiting under the fogs cover had already made there way past the first gate thanks to it been opened there where 3 inside and from what higgon could see five more on there way he needed to get that gate close and fast.

To Be Continued: i will update when i have the time forgive me for the poor grammar il will fix this as i go along
© Copyright 2010 DeathTheKid (barmore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730779-Tales-Of-The-Old-Kind