*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731094-Aftermath-intro
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1731094
A girl hoping for peace finds she must continue the fight against a powerfully enemy.
The world was in chaos, and he laughed with glee. The sounds that were so frightful to others,  brought a sneer to his scarred face.



Children cried and grownups screamed as the winds howled around them. The air was thick with dust. Dust seemed to be all that was left in their world.



The wars had come quickly and efficiently, destroying much of the world, leaving it even more vulnerable to his influences. First, he sent plagues and when he was tired of that, he let ice rain down upon them. He looked up, the sky was dark now and the sun a blood red. He licked his lips in anticipation, it was time. He was tired of playing games with the human race, he was ready to just dispose of it. With a flick of his hand he sent a rain of fire to finish things off. Watching with satisfaction as the last of life on earth burned.



It was over, he had won! The earth and the souls of the lost would forever be his.



Reviling in his victory, he almost missed the glimmer of life nagging at the edge of his senses.



"Quiet!" he ordered to the lesser demons.



There it was again.. He felt a spark of life still existing in his world. A flicker of goodness contaminating his evil.



He roared and the earth shook. He screamed and the demons fell to their knees in fear.



Some had escaped his wrath, there were pockets of life still left, hidden and protected by HIM. No matter, they would eventually have to come out of hiding and because he had to wait, there would be a special kind of evil waiting them...



He released his senses more, searching for their exact location, but they were hidden to him. Unable to find them he lashed out at the nearest demon, sending it flying through the air.



It was in that moment that he felt her, the presence of a girl who could ruin all his plans. There was something about her, something special he could not fully detect. Yet he knew if she were not killed his plan would fail and he would be sent to his cadge once more.



Roaring in anger again, a burst of flames shot out of his mouth and claws.



He was mistaken. It was not the end but only the beginning of a much greater battle. He would have to wait to see his goals accomplished. But while he was waiting he would plan. plan for the day when he would kill the girl and take back what was his.
© Copyright 2010 artaqstar (artaqstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731094-Aftermath-intro