*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731330-Brothers
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1731330
This is for my best friend/brother.
I've called you my best friend before, but that word now fails to cut it. Only one word works now; Brother. And I know you're not really my brother in blood. We look nothing alike either. And when most people think we're crossing the line in friendship, we're only joking. But when worst comes to worst, we each have always had the other's back. We've taken countless hits for each other, and would be willing to take countless more. In video games we're so in synch we're almost a dream team. In everyday situations we're the guys who make everyone laugh and brighten everyone's day. And in times of sadness we're the guys who are always there, with a shoulder to cry on. If anything is wrong, we're always the first ones to try and figure it out.
You're usually the man in front, paving the way with reckless ambition. And I'm the guy at the back, making sure you don't get hurt. You're a man of action, and I'm a man of patience. It's those polar opposites that make us so strong together. I can honestly say you're more of a brother to me than my brother ever was. Even though we have our separate egos and will contend head to head together, we're always the first to cheer the other on. We can talk trash to each other, and laugh it off, because we both know we both want the best for us.
Life would be completely different without you, because we're not best friends, we're not pals forever. We're brothers, and that isn't changing anytime soon.
© Copyright 2010 everydaydude (everydaydude at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731330-Brothers