*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732013-Sex-after-radical-prostate-surgery
Rated: GC · Other · Medical · #1732013
What happens during sex after radical prostatectomy
Introduction and Information:

Men are scared that they can never orgasm again, and not being able to feel the excruciating sexual  pleasure of ejaculating stops them from having cancer treatment for prostate cancer.  This information covers options for the male and explains why the male is so addictive to the carnal pleasure of ejaculating and what happens to the man during his orgasm, so both men and women can understand what both of you will have to contend with after the removal of his prostate to again achieve sexual bliss that feels soooo good!!!!! There is a lot happening to the male,  and I hope this presents information so both the female and male will understand what your sex life is going to be like after the man's surgery. Of-course you still need to have a  lot  of foreplay to have enjoyable sex, but I am only covering the ejaculation portion of love making, which is the reward part for the male, and ends his orgasm. 

Technical Description and Information:

The testes will work as before the removal of the prostate they still pull up tight into the body in anticipation of ejaculating.

Before and during ejaculation, the Ductus Deferens carries the sperm away from the testes.

during surgery the Ductus Deferens are either cut and left inside the body, or left attached depending what you tell your surgeon. If cut, they are left inside of the body where the sperm will be absorbed by the body. if not cut, the sperm will go into the urine. This happens when the male is about to go through the ejaculation cycle. The testicles  are being squeezed into the penis's hard shaft forcing the sperm into the body to be absorbed or the urinary tract... If left connected, the sperm will be squeezed into the urine, and will flow through the lower valve during ejaculation cycle.


NOTE

(I would have preferred the Ductus Deferens would be left connected; the doctor cut mine. I have no experience in not cutting them, but I did not understand what the doctor was talking about when he asked me about cutting my Ductus Dererens, so listen carefully or tell your surgeon to leave them connected. I think it may be better to have the sperm go into the urine during the ejaculation cycle.)

The upper valve connected to the bladder is removed along with the prostate gland during prostate surgery.

The ejaculation process still works about the same, as before the nerve sparing prostate surgery;  you should still get a hard erection, except the ejaculation chamber is now full of urine, or urine with sperm.

As you continue to stimulate the penis, the pressure against the lower valve will over comes how hard you are squeezing the valve closed, liquid will eventually leak into urethra and start the male ejaculating cycle, The male will be forced to release whatever is behind the lower valve, and squirt fluid through the urethra tube to exit the penis as before the surgery, except it is urine that shoots out.

I have found out you need to continue stimulating the penis head during your orgasm, or you will only get small squirts, which is not very satisfying, also you have to try to hold back the fluid when you first start climaxing so you will get better squirts to be entirely satisfied. At least it is for me and the men who I have spoken with.

They said, the difference is before they would have the feeling of thick fluid being forced out of the penis, and now you need more fluid moving over the nerves to receive the same pleasure as before the removal of the prostate during your orgasm.

To receive the same feeling as before your prostate was removed, you now need to try to hold back the fluid, as you continue stimulating the penis into your first contraction, and not lose the sensation to the brain as you start to climax, then as you feel the first contraction, you have to put pressure on the bladder as if you were trying to pee to force more fluid over the nerves inside the penis to be satisfied as you orgasm.

You might or might not ejaculate a lot of liquid depending upon if you lost the sensation of the orgasm, as you continue to have contractions. Since the start of ejaculating, you are now trying to continue to force the fluid over the nerves in the penis. By doing this you send the brain that you are ejaculating. This will trick the brain into releasing a cocktail of pleasure hormones as the fluid passes over the nerves.

Since, the brain receives messages from the complex set of nerves, located in the males Urethra tube when semen or liquid is passing over the nerves inside the penis during the males orgasm, which the brain needs these nerves to be stimulated so the brain will release the cocktail of hormones that men will die for and makes us feel like nothing else on this earth can!!!  The feeling is unbelievably and you are so relaxed afterwords no matter what is happening in your life. Nothing I know about can make the male entirely satisfied like ejaculating, which is all part of a man's orgasm cycle.

I had emptied my bladder before orgasming, and experienced the immediate shut down, which should have been the calming down of  the cocktail of hormones that makes you have a natural euphoric high, and feel sooo good. You are addicted to making your body orgasm to release the cocktail of hormones that make you feel like nothing else on this earth can, but there was nothing to calm down.

The brain did not receive any nerve impulses from the nerves inside the penis, so the brain only sent out the calming down hormones, which felt like somebody slamming the door shut in my face and you feel empty inside, which is not a pleasant experience believe me; when the brain sends out the wrong set of hormones, it can really mess with all your feelings!!!

I mean I did not want any females company or did I feel I needed any female for anything! I am not sure how long this feelings last, but I believe it depends on how long it takes to recover from all the negative hormones that were released during the ghost of an orgasm (No liquid passing over the nerves in the penis during your orgasm). I believe it is called refractory time, the time to recover from an orgasm, but the brain had not sent out any euphoric hormones to calm down, so the calm down hormones really had a negative effect on my mind and the negative feelings lasted a lot longer..

This is why you need to have fluid passing over the nerves in the penis as you orgasm!!!

Before the surgery, the upper valve next to the bladder would typically hold back the urine in the bladder during the time a man is ejaculating. The lower valve would control the release of semen from ejaculation chamber. Since the upper valve has now been removed, it will now allow the urine from the bladder to travel to the lower valve through the ejaculation chamber.

Since the lower valve was used to control the release of semen during ejaculation before the prostate surgery and is now also controlling the release of urine from the bladder, now it is obvious that lower valve now controls how you empty your bladder and when you ejaculate out your penis.

The bladder can hold a large amount of water and is now supplying liquid to the lower valve through the ejaculation chamber. This is giving an almost endless supply of liquid during the ejaculation process. This liquid is going through the lower valve, squirting through the man's Urethra tube, and exiting through his penis.

Before prostate surgery, the lower valve would quickly release the seminal fluid from the ejaculation chamber, at first with large squirts of seminal fluid, and then squirting less and less seminal fluid with each contraction until there is nothing more to squirt out, but the contractions continue to make sure all semen has been ejaculated out. The brain not receiving signals from nerves not sensing fluid passing over the nerves with each contraction, then the brain sends out the calm down hormones stopping the males orgasm. 

Then you have spasmodic contractions with only drips of semen coming out of the penis. This process is to make sure the ejaculatory chamber has been evacuated of all seminal fluid, as the brain continues to release satisfaction hormones to completely end the ejaculation cycle.

After prostate surgery, the ejaculation chamber will contain whatever amount of water the bladder contains. If the bladder is full of liquid, then each contraction will be a large squirt of liquid. This liquid is under pressure and will shoot through a man's Urethra tube, out the end of the penis. Unless, the bladder has been drained before ejaculation occurs. If the bladder is empty, then upon ejaculation, a man will have what is called a "ghost of an orgasm." This Ghost Orgasm is from his dry ejaculation, and the brain will not receive the correct messages from the nerves in the urethra during his orgasm and shuts down the ejaculation cycle immediately with no reward for getting to this pleasure release point.

This is an extremely complex process between the physical actions of the body and the mind, which is not fully understood, and how precisely the role of the fluid travelling through the ejaculation chamber, out through his urethra tube plays in the total physical sensation and satisfaction of a man's orgasm. It has been found that even a small amount of fluid being ejaculated will have some sort of pleasure effect on the brain.

This must be left over from when a man has had remarkably little semen leftover to ejaculate and yet he is still rewarded with a feeling of satisfaction to the brain with the normal physical ejaculation feelings.

After the ejaculation process has been completed, the man's penis will go flaccid, and he will be drained of energy from all of the emotional, physical and hormonal requirements placed upon his body, and of course from the relaxation  hormones being released.

This is not a bad thing, but male must perform, or he will not receive his reward of pure excruciating sexual ecstasy, both mentally and physically from the ejaculation process.

This is even more apparent after a man has had his prostate removed. I mean it is not as easy to climax, as the feelings have changed and it will take a lot more work to reach the point of no return and finally start your orgasm, but you won't be the three minute man any longer, so your partner should like that!

By the way, like it, or not, this is what a man is designed to do. Go inside of a female, and deposit his sperm, and then receive a reward for performing this task.

The reward for ejaculating is something that is hard to describe, but it is so addictive and pleasurable that men will risk their lives not to have what they call, "having their manhood removed!"

The prostate is considered manhood to most men, and having it removed is like death!!!!!!! He is so addicted to the euphoric sexual pleasure he receives when having an orgasm and thinking he may never be able to achieve the pure sexual euphoria of ejaculating  again if he has his prostate removed. Therefore, the removal of his prostate is not  even an option!!!!

Remember their are about 10,000 sexual nerves designed to give only sexual pleasure to the male, and if these nerves are spared during surgery, then you should be able to have an erection and orgasm. I am glade the female does not have to ever have her 8,000 sexual nerves  leading to the tiny clitoris to be compromised, and not giving her intense sexual euphoric pleasure as before. 

Mother Nature has made it a top priority of a normal, healthy male to search out a female to deposit his sperm into, and receive a reward of pure excruciating carnal ecstasy for completing this task!!!!!

This is in a man's DNA, and it has only been modern man that has tried to tame the inner id, "Primitive, Instinctive Impulses and Drives." So, this is why it is so hard for a man to make the decision to have his prostate removed...

This is what I think, and from others I have spoken with and their experiences with alternate methods of treating cancer, like radiation, (placing radiation pellets in the prostate) and drug therapy, etc.

If you are young man, and the cancer is moving fast, then I think you should have your prostate removed under these conditions because you are playing Russian roulette, it's not if the gun will fire, it's when the gun will go off!!! "Cancer going outside of the prostate."

This is probably the least talked about cancer type and is one of the most deadly to men. When the genie has escaped "cancer has moved out of the prostate." There is not much that can be done to save your life. Death from prostate cancer is one of the most excruciating there is, and it is on the most part curable if caught early.

I have to add something to the above statement; there are exceptions, and depending on how old you are, and how fast the cancer is growing in your prostate will determine your course of treatment. You have to work with your doctor and make a decision that fits your situation on the course of your treatment.

I know new treatments for treating prostate cancer are coming online, but you must ask your doctor this one question. If the treatment does not work, do I still have the option of having my prostate surgically removed?

If the answer is no, then you have to weigh the pros and cons against the treatment and prostate removal.

So keep track of your PSA numbers and if needed, have a PET CT 3D scan performed if your numbers increase. I think PET CT 3D scan is a better way than needle biopsy for testing of your prostate, but again, confer with your doctor about which procedure is the best for you.

I believe using PET CT 3D scan to verify prostate cancer is present is a better way, than needle biopsy with needles passing through the cancer and maybe spreading the cancer throughout the prostate.

Using PET CT 3D scan should give a 3D display of any cancer in the prostate, so you can decide what course of action needs to be taken, if any.

Early detection before the cancer has spread will give you more options.

You be the judge, read about prostate cancer detection.

http://emoryott.technologypublisher.com/technology/9260

I say if they can track the prostate cancer using PET CT 3D scan, then why have a needle biopsy?

I quote "biochemical changes associated with prostate cancer disease progression, thereby improving prostate diagnosis, assessment and measurements of treatment response."

If they can assess the disease progression, then why not use PET CT 3D for detection of prostate cancer and continue to see the progression until it becomes necessary to remove the prostate before the cancer escapes. You should check this out. 

There can be even better sex after nerve sparing radical prostatectomy has been performed, and sex can be even more fun with the right partner.

I talk about urine being ejaculated during a man's orgasm, and I want to inform you that urine is not only sterile but is also antiseptic.

Urine was used in WW1 to clean wounds when clean water was not available...

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Look this up if you do not believe me.



Have fun, life is short.



I hope this information helps someone!!!


Sexually Explicit! From men's experiences, who have had nerve sparing surgery.

When you have intercourse, and you ejaculate, you will squirt urine into your partner's vagina. This is even when you are fully erect, and I do mean hard. This will happen after a man's prostate has been removed and is a normal function.

When a man has nerve-sparing surgery, during the removal of his prostate, the surgeon leaves as many nerves intact as possible, which takes a lot longer than a normal radical prostatectomy.

There are a lot of surgeons that are not trained in nerve sparing prostate removal. So please, if you want to have a chance of having fantastic sex after Radical prostatectomy, you need to find the best surgeon that is an expert in nerve sparing surgery.

Either the nerve sparing surgery or the usual prostate surgery you will only have one valve left intact after surgery.

I have made light of the sexual part of the explanation, but it is true what I am trying to convey!!! So having only one valve is why your bladder is feeding the lower valve instead of semen when you climax. So, if a man does not empty his bladder before sex, he will squirt water when he climaxes.

Water will squirt everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. The more a man is turned-on, and depending on the amount of water contained in his bladder will determine the amount of water he will releases upon ejaculation. Well almost, sometimes the muscle that controls the release of the fluid opens and closes rapidly, only allowing small amounts of liquid to pass with each contraction.

The female will have one hell of an experience with high-pressure water squirts during your ejaculation. You see, instead of sperm and semen coming out when you ejaculate you will have water! Or water with sperm!

The valve opens and closes just like before, but he does not have a second valve at the bladder holding the urine back, while ejaculating, which would have let only seamen escape.

By the way, if he empties his bladder entirely he will not be fully satisfied after he climaxes. The main part of a man reaching orgasm is the feeling of fluid shoot through his urethra tube and out of his penis. The fluid flowing through the urethra tube sends pleasure signals to the brain, so the more water he squirts, the more intense his orgasm is, and he receives more pleasure!!!

So girls find a man that had his prostate removed, and you can have fun watching him squirt while you masturbate him. Or if you actually want to feel a man ejaculate during intercourse, don't let him empty his bladder, then get ready for a real experience. He will shoot water inside of you during his ejaculation, and you will probably feel the water squirt out of his penis... If you do not want to get wet,------ use a condom.

Like I said if you want to have a lot of fun, lay a towel down on the bed, and you can masturbate him, and he will hit the ceiling when you make him ejaculate.

Men, you know you have to hold back as hard as you can until you feel fluid start to escape. You know what I am talking about, you can feel the fluid about to be forced out, then fully let go, letting the valve fully open, as you now push, as if you were peeing.
You will feel the sponge in the ejaculation chamber fill for the next squirt.  The contraction will force a lot larger volume of water out of you than normal and shoot a lot further. Don't be afraid, just let go and enjoy the new experience and keep the pressure on as your body contracts ejaculating water out of you.

I cannot explain the new feeling I have now, I can only tell you it is different from when I had my prostate, and ejaculating  a lot of water is the most satisfying feeling I have had since the removal of my prostate.

By the way,women do not stop stop masturbating him from the surprise of the amount of fluid shooting out of his penis, he will not be totally satisfied, so be warned, that it will squirt out like you have never ever seen a man squirted before, and you need to continue stimulating his penis so he can  finish ejaculating and be entirely satisfied. (You guys need to talk about this.)

If you continue to hold back, only a small amount will come out, so remember to hold back until you feel as if you are starting to leak, then fully release as if you are now peeing. The contraction will feel massive as you force the water out of you. When you have finished with your contractions, you will feel very satisfied from the amount you have ejaculated. Remember you have to have some water left in your bladder, so don't empty your bladder completely! 

I should cover one more thing. The nerves leading to the prostate and around the prostate have been, disturbed during surgery, causing ejaculation time to increase. The nerve sparing surgery will have some effect on the nerves that control the lower valve, so  sometimes, more liquid will keep flowing out during your orgasm. I am not sure if everyone that had nerve sparring prostate surgery will have this happen to them. I need to do more research to have more of a complete answer. As far as I can tell, the length of time of ejaculating will last longer if stimulation is continued to be applied to the penis as you orgasm.

It is not like before when you had your prostate; when you started ejaculating you pushed hard into your stimulation trying not to move! You would just let the body take over and once you started ejaculating you could not stop! You were just on autopilot and you body just performed its task without you doing anything!!!!

I have found that you need to continue the stimulation once you start ejaculating, and I need to continue to have stimulation applied to me to keep me ejaculating.

It seems the male orgasms are now similar to the type the females have, after you had the surgery. I mean you can take more stimulation, and you will not ejaculate as fast. I think this may be different for each man, as the amount of nerves that have been disturbed during the operation would affect everyone a little different.

You should check the videos showing nerve sparing surgery. I had watched the video from Johns Hopkins Hospital, which invented this type of operation. I went back to find the link so I could post it for your information, but I was unable to find this video.  So I have found some other nerve sparing surgery videos, but before you watch the video, You should know what information I had learned from the Johns Hopkins Hospital video.

When you watch these videos, you should pay attention to how they protect the nerve bundles as the surgeon cuts around them. They are not supposed to use cauterizing around the nerve bundle, and try not to injure the nerve bundles; the surgeon is supposed to use rounded tools as they separate the nerve bundles to be cut away from the prostate gland using a scalpel ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHpHEYCA10&feature=related

The video I watched from Johns Hopkins talked about how they had improved this procedure, and they talked about not using any cauterization, or heat to cut with. They used blunt rounded probes to move the nerve bundle so it may be cut away from the prostate gland. They try not to disturb the nerves in any way as they cut the prostate out.

Please find a good surgeon that specialize in nerve sparing surgery, and check out their credentials!

It is funny, the only thing I miss is, the white thick semen when I ejaculated, but as I said, you can handle this by doing what I have describe above to make up for missing this.


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/sex-after-prostate-surgery


I thought I would put up another address to a web page that I ran across even though it is in 2008. The reason is the comments, so I would like you to read the comments about ejaculating urine.

I have explained that urine is antiseptic, and there is nothing to fear when you ejaculate urine into your partner's vagina!!!

One of the comments I read said, "You must have a lover who understands and is willing to get into the fact that urine is antiseptic because post prostatectomy urine is the new semen." I had to correct a couple of words for spelling, but I have explained this before.

I want to say  more about doctors that perform this type of operation. They must have been taught this method from someone, and it better be traced back to Dr. James Brooks, and his partner who developed this procedure at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD.  I am sorry I cannot remember his partner's name, but I was going to go to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD. For the operation.  I made a call to  Dr. Brooks's partner that developed the nerve sparing surgery with him.

I told his partner I lived in Los Angeles, and I want him to perform the surgery. He said you are in luck because Dr. Brooks, his partner had transferred to Stanford University in Palo Alto California, and he also said that if he had prostate cancer he would go to Dr. Brooks for the operation. 

Well, I am now in my sixties, and everything works!!! As a matter of fact, I wake up early in the morning with an erection, and yes, I ejaculate urine when I masturbate or have sex!!!

If you are working properly with no underlining  illness before surgery,  then you should work about the same after your surgery. Of course, if your cancer has spread beyond your prostate, then it will depend on what has to be removed.

I read through some comments, and I am appalled what I have learned about the time it takes before other men have an erection long enough to ejaculate and can hold their urine, if ever!!!

I was home recovering with a catheter in my penis when I got my post-surgery erection. I mean it was hard!!!

I had been worrying about being able to get an erection, and there it was, but now what? Will I get another erection and could I ejaculate after the catheter is removed, also could I hold my urine.

I had been practicing my Kegel exercises, which everyone should do including women. Anyhow, everything is the same, but different. Refer back to what I have written. You should understand what I am trying to explain about the difference during your ejaculation process once your prostate is removed. 

Sex is fun, and it feels sooooooo good, so do it like when you were eighteen by using Viagra or any of the other drugs. Then find that girl that will make you see stars, so you can continue to enjoy life with excruciating sexual pleasure.

For those who are worried about having you manhood removed, I hope this has helped with making this hard decision, which should save your life.

I hope you have many more years of sexual euphoric bliss after the nerve sparing operation.

OH! One more thing, remember waking up in the morning with this huge erection and needing to pee? Well now you can just walk into the bathroom with your hard-on and pee!!!
The only problem is bending him down so you can hit the toilet!!!!!! LOL. OR! you now have a new way to empty you bladder and feel soooo good at the same time doing it!!!!

Have fun!!!!!!  Life is short!
© Copyright 2010 michael8 (michaeleight8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732013-Sex-after-radical-prostate-surgery