*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733935-Marshall-Arts-is-for-Girls
Rated: 13+ · Article · Women's · #1733935
Women Tai Chi, fitness and Calories lost.
MARSHAL ARTS IS FOR GIRLS

Tai Chi is a very ancient art and can be traced back to 3,000 years ago from the time of ‘Yi Jing’ [the book of changes]. Like Chinese medicine it is concerned with unblocking tension in the body so that the energy or chi can flow through it correctly ensuring good health. When the Chi is blocked this can be the cause of illness. The movements are thought to be based on the natural fighting motions of the crane and the snake. It is a soft and flowing form of martial art compared to the hard angular styles of karate and kung fu. It works on the principle of softness defeating hardness. It is relaxing to practice because of its smooth slow breathing and movements; it is meditative causing body and mind to relax. It is an ideal marshal art for women or for anyone starting off in martial arts.

A typical hours tai chi movement burns on average 260 calories and it has a toning effect on muscles and increases flexibility it improves overall energy levels. It is a very popular form of exercise in china many work places do it before starting work with their staff or students to help focus their bodies and minds for the days work. In the west there are many classes in cities throughout the country, if you wish to try it out just get some lose clothing on and go along to your local class. Information of which you can find on the internet, in your local library or advertised on boards in local shops.


Wing Chun was development was heavily influenced by its founding masters who was a Shaolin nun she focused on the principle of ‘not fighting force with force.’ This is a one of the main martial arts that Bruce lee practised and was a major influence on his own style of .
Through the meditation exercises and Wing Chun movement you learn to improve your focus, discipline, fitness coordination reflexes, balance, confidence and reduces stress levels.

The control you can gain over your thoughts through the practice can be life changing as Hollywood actor Robert Downey Junior found it gave him strength and focus. ‘It creates a mind, body, spirit readiness for any situation in the ‘Do Jo’ or on the street.’ He said. To gain large levels of change you have to put the practice in, but the result is you find your centre and your calm in the heat of any pressure.

A MINDSET FOR MASTERY – WHATEVER THE TASK Si-Fu Oram (wing Chun master)
© Copyright 2010 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733935-Marshall-Arts-is-for-Girls