*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734247-Hopeless-Chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1734247
The second chapter of Hopeless. Enjoy and as always any and all feedback is welcome.
Chapter 2:          

                Elsewhere in the city, in a shady loft, lived a man named Luciano. In his late thirties he was more then successful, and yet he filled his life with darkness. He has always had an interest in the occult. Spending his days working as a lucrative VP of a leading pharmaceutical company. Making a two hundred percent profit on the lifesaving drugs he sells. Just like any other rich corporate executive he only sells to the highest bidder, no exceptions. Then uses the money to his own benefit. Never has he even donated a single cent.
         His evil deeds carry over to the night, but instead of ripping off cancer patients, he was hell bent on unlocking the secrets of his  extensive collection of ancient occult books. All his books were written on the same topic, Hell. Collecting and studying over the forbidden books for most of his adult life.
         Through his studies, he learned of the ultimate book of the damned, the Al Azif. Luciano has heard of this book once before, and actually owned an original copy. The only difference between the two was his copy was the more modern Necronomicon. His book was a translation of the original, making his book useless. He was determined on getting the original, which was said to be written by Satan himself, and the ink was of his blood.
         One day in his travels to the middle east, he was in a local market place shuffling through old books and manuscripts, when he was approached by strange looking sheik. The sheik told Luciano that he knew of his interests in the book of the damned. Luciano, stunned, told the sheik that he must have the book, at any cost. The sheik smiled, took a notepad out of his satchel, and jotted down his price and an account number. Luciano, feeling impelled to trust the sheik, like something inside him forced him, immediately took out his phone, called his accountant, and demanded that he transfer the money to the sheiks account. The accountant put up a good fight, doing his job and protecting Luciano's money until Luciano told him that he would make sure that, not only him but his family too, would suffer until there time was up on this planet if he didn't follow his orders. The accountant started punching away at his keyboard, and with 2 clicks of his mouse he was giving Luciano the confirmation number. He fired him immediately after.
         Looking at the sheik, telling him the transaction was complete. At the same time the sheik had received phone call. Speaking in a foreign tongue, apparently getting the message that he was a lot more zero's richer. He asked Luciano to follow him.
         He ended up following the sheik through the dessert for what seemed like an eternity, until they finally reached what seemed like desolate ruins, not like any other Luciano has seen. Intrigued he asked the sheik where he had lead them. The sheik just pointed towards the ruins. Luciano looked and noticed that under the sand a couple feet out, there was a red glow. Luciano ran over and started clawing at the sand with his hands, eventually digging up his ultimate treasure. Luciano lifted the ancient tome out of the sand and opened it to discover that it was written in what appeared to be blood.
         That was three years ago, three long years spent slaving over the book, trying to learn the dark wisdom held within. After three years he now has the secret to unleashing hell onto the planet, and in turn immortalizing himself as a dark deity. The ritual required him to murder 6 innocent people, one every day for 6 days, each death breaking one of the 6 seals that keep the horrors of hell from running ramped on earth. He had to submerse himself in unholy prayer until the shade of the dark prince appears. Then and only then will Luciano know when to start the chain of murders.
         After a week of praying to the fallen one, tonight would be the night. Tonight the devil himself would show himself to Luciano, but little does he know that he had miss read one of the most important passages. Instead of becoming a dark lord, his soul would spend the rest of eternity in the darkest corner of hell, and his body would become a shell for the fallen one to use as a martyr to end mankind and engulf the world in flames.
         Lost in his hellish prayer he did not notice a shadow growing in the corner of his loft, eventually drowning the loft in darkness. Luciano opened his eyes, feeling he was no longer alone, looking around the blackness as if he were blind, only seeing a set of burning red eyes. He found himself drawn in to them thinking his years of searching and studying finally paid off, achieving his ultimate goal, not realizing he damned his soul to excruciating torture in the deepest pit of hell. Feeling a cold rush shoot up his spine, making him unable to move. The eyes then grew a shape around them, only noticeable because it was darker then the shadows that surrounded them. The shade moved within inch’s of Luciano. Glaring through him, as if it was looking into his soul. With one swift motion Luciano's spirit was ripped away, sent to the black abyss, leaving his body to be possessed by the dark lord.
         Taking to his new human form, just making a few changes to Luciano's appearance, with eyes still scarlet red, teeth that resembled that of a large wolf, and what was once nails were now flesh shredding claws. The undoing of humanity was at hand, an apocalypse that would enslave mankind to endless torture.
© Copyright 2010 Thomas J. Kent (kent_thomas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734247-Hopeless-Chapter-2