*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734349-Where-Is-Love
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #1734349
As The world Is Becoming A Dangerous Place Day By Day,People are Forgetting how to love.
                Not long ago I watched a few catastrophic events take place. I watched the lives of so many people being torn apart by a few armed mad men. Like millions of other people all around the planet it lead me to a thought that the world is losing its morality and we ‘the people’ are losing our love and humanity in this fast paced world.

                   After giving this a thought for a very long time I came to a conclusion that ‘In general we are not living in a world of hatred or fear', still there is something wrong. Every one of us, Husbands and Wives, Fathers and Sons, Brothers and Sisters, Teachers and Students, Neighbors, Friends and Family, everyone has only love and care for their fellow beings. Yet the world is no longer the place we want it to be. Everyone’s love falls short of the expected line. But really why?

                   To find an answer to this disturbing question, I decided to look into my own life.

                   Every day as I wake up in my bed to a beautiful day, it is just another rush to get out of the bed where I find no time to sit up in my bed for a minute to thank ‘My Lord’ for his love and letting me live another beautiful day by waking me up from the ‘Brief death of sleep’. I find no time to admire the happy life and the wonderful freedom that I enjoy every day like a privilege.

                   I walks downstairs to find my spouse in the kitchen and all I ask is “Get me a coffee. Will you?” I knowingly miss that “Good morning, Honey” or something sweeter. Literally gulps the coffee down and off I go for a thirty minute jog. On my way I wish a “Morning” to Mr. Misra Or Iyer but never stops for a moment to ask how they are feeling or how are their families because something inside whispers that it is just a waste of my time.

                   At work it is just “Hey, Boss” or “Hi, Will” and so on. But there never is a minute to spare so that I can put a pause to the busy schedule and remember that “This guy Wilson has been opening this door for me for the past four years”.

                   I understood that this is exactly what is happening in so many of our lives every day. We loves them all and we care about them all or at least we do not hate them, But our love lacks the expression. We conveniently forget to express how much we love or care. We all have a fear of intimacy inside us in varying ratios. We are afraid to let anyone come real close to our real selves. So we create an invisible fortress of anti-intimacy force field around us and locks our ‘real selves’ inside it. In the core all of us are fun loving sensitive people but we are afraid that the world might think that it is a sign of weakness, so we wear a ‘mask of emotional neutrality’ over our face to show the world.

                   Sooner or later the world will surely find out that a mask is just a mask. The moment it does it will start to distrust and move away from you. So let us leave our fortresses behind and smile at every one and show our deepest love and care for our fellow creatures. Because “The love we do not show is a love others do not get”. It is a love of no use.

                   Another factor I noticed was that we confines our love to a circle or just few people. If you find a man in trouble the first thing he may say will be “I didn’t do it. I have a family, children. How could have I done it?!!” This is the exact state of the whole world. We love and care about people but all that is confined to ‘My family, My children, and My Friends’. We creates a circle of trust with the people we know and confines our love to within this circle and believes that anyone outside is possibly going to offend or harm us. What we have to understand is that  this man also has a circle of his own and that may include someone from ours. Besides love shouldn’t be confined it should be allowed to flow freely like a river. So let us let go of all the circles and genuinely care about everyone and think “If the world is plotting against me, it is probably plotting to do good for me”. That way we will not have to live in boxes any more.
© Copyright 2010 Muneer P Mohammed (muneerpookot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734349-Where-Is-Love