*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734831-Be-careful-what-you-ask-for
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Comedy · #1734831
Dec Entry "Tickle My Funny Bone" or How NOT to find out if the boss has a sense of humor
I've decided if there's such a thing as a "smart ass" gene, it definitely isn't recessive on either side of my family tree. Due to my frequent spontaneous remarks during meetings, I've even been asked if I say everything that comes into my head. Thankfully, most of my comments generate laughter and often seem to relieve tension. The following incident, however,  elicited a look of shock, bordering on fear on the face of our secretary.

The new superintendent was not a stranger to our department, but on her previous visits, she always went straight to the director's office. So I was rather surprised one morning to see her enter the main office and turn right, making a beeline straight to the psychologists' suite. She stopped at the door, straightened to her full height, and, with a hint of a smile, announced, "I need to talk to a psychologist!"

I calmly looked up at her and said, "We've known that all along, but we've been waiting for you to come to us!

Luckily for me, the woman had a sense of humor. 
© Copyright 2010 Grin 'n Bear It! (meg98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734831-Be-careful-what-you-ask-for