*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735784-Lie-To-Me
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1735784
You broke me...
The banging on my front door awakened me from my heavy sleep. And all I could think was, who the hell is at my door at 11:30 at night?

I wearily pushed out of the bed and went to my front door, dragging my legs and resisting the urge to dive back in bed, so I could go back to sleep. I unlocked the door and swung it open, ready to curse out the one who woke me up from my needed sleep. But my face instantly softened when I saw her. My baby, my cute girlfriend, my loyal lover.

Loyal.

But she didn’t look so happy.

Her hand lashed out and my head jerked to the side at the force of her slap. I stumbled back as she put her hand on my chest and shoved. My door slammed shut and pain thundered through my body as she pounded her tightly clenched fists against my chest.

“You lied! You said you loved me! You said I was enough and you’d change! But you lied even after I gave myself to you!” she screamed, but her voice kept cracking as the sobs started.

I looked down at her, my arms limp at my side. She was a head shorter than me, probably even more. Her attempts to hurt me physically were weak, but her words made my heart ache. She had found out.

I didn’t know what to say at all, but “I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry? You’re sorry? Sorry doesn’t change anything! That doesn’t take back what you did! Sorry doesn’t erase how hurt and betrayed I feel!” she yelled, tears leaking from her eyes and streaming down her cheeks.

“It was a mistake,” I whispered, faintly, grabbing her hand.

You’re a mistake!” she screeched and shook her head side to side, pulling at her hands, trying to get out of my grasp.
.

“Stop,” I groaned, crushing her close.

“I hate you!” she shouted, but then her voice dropped to a barely audible whisper. “You broke me.”

“Don’t say that,” I mumbled. “Don’t. Just stop. I’m sorry.”

“You hurt me. You tore me apart. You shattered me. You betrayed my trust,” she whimpered, trembling in my arms.

I bit down on my lower lip hard. What was I thinking? What was I thinking when I went behind her back?

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, not knowing what else to say.

She detangled herself from my arms. “We’re done,” she mumbled and I lost it.

“No!” I yelled. “No. I love you! I was stupid! I’m sorry, give me another chance,” I pleaded, desperately. She started to walk towards the door, but I lunged for her and grabbed her by the arm.

“Please,” I begged.

“You broke me,” she repeated, faintly, trying to escape my arms weakly. But I pulled her back and kissed her.

I kissed her with all the passion, love and longing I could summon up. She fell numb, but her lips moved along with mine. I took her arms and put it around my shoulders.

“I’m sorry,” I murmured to against her lips. I felt her tears on my face.

I picked her up, one of my arm under the bend of her knee and the other under her back. Holding her close to my chest, I walked to my room. I laid her down on the bed and moved on top of her. Her eyes were closed as I removed both of our clothes.

As I made love to her, she shuddered and her arms went around me. She was crying again.

“Tell me I was dreaming. Tell me it never happened. Lie and say I was imagining things. Lie to me and say you would never do something like that,” she whimpered and I just went at it harder and faster.

“I love you. I’m sorry, but I love you. Don’t leave me. I love you,” I breathed.

It was an hour before I fell asleep. She was in my dreams. Her pain haunted me and her tears were the color of blood. She was getting farther and farther away from me, into a black hole. I reached for her, but she was always just a little ahead of my fingers. I could feel at her the slightest bit at first, but then she faded from my view. That was when I woke up.

I looked around and it was morning. Sunlight poured in from the windows. My arms felt unusually empty and I looked to the side where she was lying before. What I saw made my blood run cold. I felt tears burn my eyes, because my dream was true.

No one was beside me.

She was gone.

© Copyright 2010 TavitaK (tavitak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735784-Lie-To-Me