*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736849-What-Makes-You-You
by tMk
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1736849
Every girl wants a boy like this, but they don't always find them. One of my Alex Stories.
What Makes You, You!

Alex is sitting here criss-cross on my bed. My head in his lap and he’s playing with my hair. It’s late summer and school is about to start. You want to do everything before the first day of school but it’s too hot! I’m reading my new book I got from my mother when I catch Alex’s eyes on me.

“Can I help you?” I asked while putting my book down.

“Oh I was just wondering if that was any good,” he said while pointing to the book, “What are you thinking?”

“Well,” I replied and paused to think, “This is a very good book and to what I’m thinking, I’m wondering if this boy is going to die in the next chapter. Also, why me?”

Alex turns his focus from my hair to my eyes, and gets a puzzled look in his green eyes. “What do you mean ‘why me’?” He asked.

“As in why did you choose me? Why fall in love with me? There are plenty of girls out there. Heck, you’re going to be a freshmen, and you’re still with your 8th grade girlfriend. So why me?” I asked as I sat up, turned to face him, and waited for an answer.

Alex stares at me for a couple seconds and crawls over to where I’m sitting. He wraps his arms around me and whispers in my ear, “You want to know why I choose you? Because you’re beautiful, smart, funny, and just over all amazing! Your hair is beautiful, your eyes sparkle, and your smile is brilliant. I think you’re a sweet person and I wouldn’t change you for the world.” Alex finishes then turns me around and looks me straight in the eyes.

“That’s what makes you, you!” He said then grabs my shoulders and kisses me. I’m still for a moment and then kiss back and place my hands on his checks. Soon he pulls away and adds, “And I love you!”

I blush for a second, not knowing what to say after all that. Then finally ask. “But you don’t care that I don’t ‘do stuff’ with you?”

Alex looks at me with intense green eyes and shakes his head, “Ewww, no! I could care less about that kind of stuff. That’s what makes you different form all the other girls. You don’t put yourself out there like that.”

Then he just looks at me until I come over and sit in his lap. “I love you too,” I answer with a wide smile playing across my face.

© Copyright 2010 tMk (tmk1101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736849-What-Makes-You-You