*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737089-Wall-of-Death
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1737089
Flash Fiction Prompt : Orange, Nail, Nose
"If you throw that orange at me again, I'll put this nail through your head." He drew the nail gun up to fire as she took a swing back with her arm. She ducked and threw. He pulled the trigger, the nail shot through the air and pinned the end of her nose to the wall. "Don't mess with me lady. I'm a man of my word." The stranger called Rob slammed the door on his way out.

"He was a more than a forward electrician." Deanna mused as the endorphins kicked in. The blood flowed freely now, gently choking her breathing pattern. "This bloody wall needs painting!" The ten vodkas were numbing the pain nicely. She could just reach the mantle piece from her stooped position. Deanna tipped the vodka bottle with her middle finger as her nose dragged against the wall. The bottle fell and she swiftly caught it in the crook of her foot, her reflexes still that of a dancer. She had been the best dam cat on that stage. "Andrew Lloyd Webber has got lot to answer for," she grinned and took a deep slug of the liquid.

She remembered being happy. Behind her a short sharp click rammed the nine inch nail in to her skull. The smell of vodka and blood wafted out of the open window.
© Copyright 2010 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737089-Wall-of-Death