*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737090-Snow-Angels
Rated: E · Sample · Drama · #1737090
Is about a woman that wakes up in a place she knows nothing about.
Snow Angels

Chapter 1

It is always difficult to wake up after a long night partying. But this morning it was extra hard, my head was pounding and I felt like vomiting.

I didn’t really remember where I ended up yesterday. When my eyes finally got accustomed to the bright light outside I realized that I had been sleeping in a big room with a modern touch, stylish furniture and eggshell colored walls, like in a fancy magazine. You know the type that you could find in Modern Architecture.

But the thing that got me going was the fact that I was not alone in the bed. Beside me was a snoring man in his forties, half naked and with a big tattoo on his right shoulder. An ugly eagle.

Then I looked down on my own body, I was still dressed, thank God, in my light yellow silk dress that now more looked like a worn nightgown, all wrinkly and stained.
Oh dear, I wonder what these stains came from?

I tried really hard but could not remember anything about him or the night that passed. How did I end up here? Who was this guy?

I was now sitting up and the hammer in my head started to pound in my forehead, so strong that my eyes became watery. Was I crying?

My last memory from yesterday was at a party at a friend of Janice. It was really close to her home in Manhattan so we had walked there. It was a really nice summer night and I remember that we talked about what we would do this holiday.

I realized that I have to go to the bathroom. So I slowly put down my feet on the creamy, fluffy carpet, my legs looked almost as pale. Then I realized that I had some strange marks at my ankles. I tried to look down on my feet but my aching head stopped me.

Toilet first.
I had absolutely no idea where the bathroom where, I had never been here before.
I started to feel a little nervous, unease. But I had to pee. That was more important in that moment.

I opened the first door I found. Luckily it was a big toilet, with pink marbled walls and floors.
So I then entered and did what I had to do. But sitting there I looked out of the window. And then I felt like I freeze, a chilling sensation begun to creep up my spine.

What I saw outside was a big lake or something, mountains and some forest in the background. And all was covered with a lot of snow!


Chapter 2

The room suddenly started to feel really cold. I raised myself up and went directly to the window and looked out. Even if I tried I couldn’t see anything that’s looked familiar to me. I have never been here before in my life!

How l did I finish up here? And where was I?

It was a really nice view, if I had chose it. Which I haven’t.
The lake was frozen and all white with snow. It all looked like a Christmas card.

My head started to pound even more. I needed some painkillers real quick.
Maybe my mystery bed pal had some in the drawer placed under the washbowl?

But when I washed my hands I got another BIG surprise.
I looked in the mirror and saw a face I did not recognize!
My eyes looked the same, but that was about it. My nicely cropped, blond hair was now really short, and black…

I had never colored my hair before, except for some blond highlights last year.
It all felt so surreal. It was like a crazy dream. Maybe it was a dream? If I lay down in the bed and went to sleep again I would wake up in my own apartment.
God, I want my own life back!

I started to wash my hands, and looked down on them. There was a ring on my left hand, like I was engaged or married. I felt nauseous.
After some serious throwing up I went back on my search for the painkillers. And when I opened the drawer I found more than I could ask for.

There was a minor pharmacy there, some with prescriptions, other just over the counter meds.
Two Aspirin and a glass of water later I went back to the bedroom.

I decided to look closer at the man in the bed. He was still asleep, and still snoring. He did not show all his body but it really looked that he was nude.
How the h-l could I have shared a bed with this man? He was not my type at all, shaved head, tattoos and it seemed that he had been a lot in the gym. He’s arm muscles were bulging. Yuck!

I went around the bed and looked out the window. To the right there was a garage, to the right another house, a modern villa. And just below my window there was a children’s playground.
Please! Don’t say that I have children now?

It was all so strange that I started to laugh. I am going insane!

On the nightstand besides the muscular male was a book and a magazine with Hillary Clinton on the cover.
What has Bill's wife done now? Got a divorce? What could possibly a presidents wife have done to be on the cover of Newsweek?

I picked it up. But when I read it better I had to sit down again. It said she was The Secretary of State, but that was not all. The date of the magazine was 2010. I went to a party 1997.
© Copyright 2010 Ostuna 1 (ostuna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737090-Snow-Angels