*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738823-I-Mean-It-This-Time
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1738823
A letter of positive affirmation to myself regarding my 2011 goals.
Dear Me,

Well, here we go again!  Last year was a disaster wrapped in awful.  Maybe this year we can get some of those goals accomplished we set out for last year?  The things we think we want to do with our life! Yikes!

It seems the cat farm didn't turn out so well.  We now know first hand that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I'm sure the neighbors won't forget that cat incident for a long time.

Let us try some more tangible goals that can help us reach our dreams, shall we?

The catch 22 of getting published is frustrating I know.  But hard work always pays off and so we must stick first to the task of writing for at least a half hour each day.

Our first goal is to get at least two articles published on an e-zine.  You have one article published on an e-zine, but come on.  Writing Prompts?  Really?  We both know you are far more creative than that.

This achieved small goal will most likely lead to our next slightly larger goal of getting an article published in a print magazine (cross fingers).

And now for the big one.  You have the whole rest of the year to work on your novel and I suspect with my help and your charm, we will be able to pull that one off!  The final revision should be complete by the end of the summer. Therefore, we should be looking at publishers by September.

Oh, and in between all of this, you really should lay off the brownie bites and get a little more cardio in.  I’m just saying is all.

So, let's get cracking!

Love, Me.

Word Count: 287

© Copyright 2011 DSteelman (thedailywoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738823-I-Mean-It-This-Time