*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739185-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Inspirational · #1739185
A letter written to myself encouraging myself in my New Year's resolution.
Dear Me:

I see you sitting there, night after night, plucking away with no end in sight.  You try and try to make something real.  Girl, don’t you know you’ve really gotta feel the music in your heart?  You hear the lyrics of your life, being a daughter, a mommy, a sister, a wife, but do you see the memories growing cold?  You’ve got to get them out, all your stories untold.  A new year brings its hope, in the darkness I’ve seen you grope for your foundation.  You lose sight of it all backed against the wall in rumination.  All the things in your past can’t hurt you now, I’ve got to convince you somehow; you’re safe.  This year let’s make a deal, gonna make those stories real, at least just one.  No more doubt or shame, don’t do it for glory or fame, do it for me. 

Sincerely Yours,
Me

Word Count: 154
© Copyright 2011 Tracy Sheppard (tracysheppard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739185-Dear-Me