*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739396-Broken-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Biographical · #1739396
This is a story about me fighting with PTSD and DID.


James



Those dark green eyes seemed to pierce into my soul. I knew she was mad that I wouldn’t let her buy me lunch, but she was my girlfriend and it seemed like it was my job to take care of her. I wanted Jessie to be happy, she deserved it. With a father who beat her and a mother who didn’t care, she needed someone to love her right? Jessie was fine with the love part, just not the me buying everything for her.

“I don’t know why the fuck you do that James.” She growled under her breath, she was known around school for her flavored language.

“Why I do what?” I laughed innocently, gently kissing her and accepting it when she pushed me away.

“Why you have to spend the money you make at work on me. I have my own money.” She let her long raven-black hair fall in front of her face, hiding behind it. I wanted to brush that hair back that always seemed to smell of coconut. I couldn’t understand why someone so beautiful should hide herself.

“I don’t have anything else I want to spend it on.” I smiled, taking her arm in mine.

We had been dating for four years, we were in our Junior year in High School, and we only had each other. We were outcasts to everyone else. Jessie was the girl that would show up to school in black jeans and a long sleeved shirt no matter what the weather was. Only I knew the reason she did this was because she wanted to hide the red cuts on her arms that looked like an intricate spiders web, as well as the bruises inflicted by her father. I was simply the guy who talked to himself.

Me and Jessie met in 7th grade at the school library. That’s where we spent our lunch, reading vampire books and wishing to get away from the world. For some reason, one day she asked me if I wanted to date her. With some goading from Torri, I told her yes.

“Why don’t you buy yourself a PS2 or something? I know you love video games.” I rolled my eyes. She knew the reason why. My stepmother wouldn’t allow me to play video games, whenever I bought it with my own money she would eventually break it or make me take the system back to the store.

My dad got remarried when I turned 8, to this horrible woman named Jenna. She insisted that I hated my biological mother and that was why I never liked her. I really don’t know how she came to that conclusion, but seeing as she always accused me of lying or manipulating I really couldn’t argue.

“Because, you are more important to me than video games.” I whispered in her ear. Jessie sighed and kissed me.

“You two know the rules of PDA.” The Junior principal growled. Me and Jessie both rolled our eyes, the stupid Public Display of Affection rule that seemed only to apply to us was annoying. We couldn’t spend much time outside of school, so our time together were extremely limited. When the Junior principal walked away Jessie gave her the finger as the bell ringed. She smiled mischievously at me as she kissed me again.

“I love you.” She whispered gently biting my lip in affection.

“I love you more.” I whispered back just before walking away to my own class.

On the way home from school Torri looked at me with his emerald green eyes, and twitched his dark purple tail.

“So, have you told her about me yet?” Torri asked eagerly.

“No, not yet.” I sighed. I saw his cat ears flatten in disappointment. Torri was, what I learned later,called a Neko. A cat person. He had been with me for most of my life, ever since my mom died. He had always been older than me until recently. It seemed we were both the same age now. I laughed as he flipped a strand of purple hair from in front of his face.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t want Jessie to think I’m crazy like everyone else.” I whispered. Torri cocked his head to the side as my phone rang. The ring-tone was My Immortal by Evanescence, Jessie’s favorite song. She had sent me a text message.



Hey babe, what cha up 2?

*Heart* Jess



Nothin much jus drivin to work from school. U?

James



Listening to mom and dad fucking fight again. :(

*Heart* Jess



I looked over at Torri, my heart felt like it was breaking. He looked at me sympathetically, but didn’t have any advice.



Jus be careful get out of there if he gets physical

James



Prob will go to graveyard. TTYL.

*Heart* Jess



KK. Love you.

James



U2.

*Heart* Jess





I then noticed I had a voicemail. It was from Jenna. I really didn’t need this right now, the secrets I was keeping from her and my father were already starting to wear on me. Me and Jessie agreed not to tell our parents about each other. Her father, even though he beat her, was over protective. I couldn’t tell Jenna or my father because they judged too much. Just because Jessie was gothic I knew they wouldn’t like her and would tell me not to date her, more Jenna than my father. My father remained attached to the computer, detached from everyone else. Jenna ran everything like a dictatorship. There was no way in hell I was going to tell them about Torri. When I was eight I told my father that I saw monsters and he placed me in a mental institution for a month, how could I expect him to understand about Torri?

“Aren’t you going to listen to that Jamie?” Torri asked.

I sighed. No one really called me Jamie anymore, but Torri insisted on it.

“No. Maybe later, I really don’t want to deal with her crap at the moment, especially before work.”

We pulled into the McDonalds and I noticed the darkness starting to flood my vision. Torri was taking control. The world seemed to tilt as darkness clouded my vision more and more. I was used to this sensation, I couldn’t deal with people at work or really anywhere so Torri took control, he loved people. I didn’t know what all he did, but whatever it was, my boss loved me for it. I sank deeper and deeper into the darkness and gave control to my best friend.
© Copyright 2011 James Hallock (kristopher1215 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739396-Broken-Chapter-1