*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739421-A-Letter-to-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1739421
A letter to myself, first draft
January 7, 2011

Dear Me,
Greetings, I hope this letter finds you well. I am doing well and as you know I don’t care to beat around the bush with mindless nonsensical verbiage, I prefer to get right to the point.

I’ve heard a few rumors that I’d like to clarify if you don’t mind. It’s come to my attention that you have let yourself go this last year.  It sounds like you have ceased to care about your physical appearance and that of your home.  You’ve gone back to eating crappy food and wearing ugly clothes because your cute clothes don’t fit you anymore.  You’ve stopped brushing your teeth or removing your makeup before bed.  You started and finished a running program but haven’t run more than 2 minutes at a time since.  I remember you telling me that you were going to get your living room decorated, that it was going to be a reflection of yourself for once.  I thought you talked about getting the spare bedrooms redecorated.  Is that teddy bear wallpaper still on the walls of the south bedroom?  I’ve been told that your master bedroom is completely cluttered with junk.  I’ve also heard that there is a sack of papers needing to be shredded, and that it has been sitting in the corner for almost a year.

You’ve told a lot of people that you want to lose 30 pounds.  I agree, you really could use some downsizing .I don’t mean to be negative, but honestly Sherdenise, what is going on with you?  I am sickened by all of this.  Have you been knitting? What about your photography?  I’m still waiting to read something of your novel.  I don’t even care if it’s finished, just let me read something!

I hope that 2011 brings you opportunities to finish some of what you’ve started in years past.  I hope that you realize that there are things that need to be completed before you start something else.  I would love for you to get those new curtains hung in your living room and get some artwork on the walls.  Why don’t you just have your husband shred those papers for you? He’s not doing anything these days anyway.  I hope you take some time to read some of those books that are sitting on the bookshelves in your bedroom collecting dust.  I suggest that you set a goal every day and keep track of your progress.  I want you to set some priorities for 2011. 

I believe I have berated you enough.  Now get to work and I will check back with you in a year.

Take Care,
Your Conscience

© Copyright 2011 Sherdenise (sherdenise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739421-A-Letter-to-Me