*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739736-Confession
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1739736
Confession of the heart <3
“You wanted to tell me something?” she asked, without looking at him. The beauty of the meadow was hypnotizing. The rainbow colored flowers glowed with a peaceful aura and the sunlight flitted in through the winding branches of trees. A soft breeze flew in and rustled the lush green leaves.

“Yes, I did,” he answered her, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He had found the captivating meadow, hoping to lure her in. He had been falling for her harder each day, but it was impossible to know if she felt the same. She was always the secretive one, she hardly ever showed emotions. She was so cold and shutdown.

The girl finally tore her gaze reluctantly away and looked at the nervous boy. Curiosity fluttered deep within her and she was anxious to know what he would say. She watched him with an intent look, her heart sinking as she thought of the possibilities. What if he told her he didn’t want to spend time with her? What if he didn’t want to be her friend anymore?

“Well? What do you want to tell me?” she asked him, looking at him expectantly. She looked bored, but it was just a mask. Inside she was dying. She was starting to break because she was afraid.

“I…,” he started, but his voice faltered. He grew frightened, what if she rejected him? Even after all he had done for her, what if she still rejected him?

“Go on,” she urged in her high soprano nonchalant voice. She always found her voice annoying, that it was too high and too pitchy, but he thought her voice was the most beautiful. He found her voice as sweet as honey, as soft as a dove’s feather and as gentle as a loving mother to her firstborn child.

“Well, I-I,” he started again, hoping he’d be able to tell her, but he still couldn’t. Every way of rejection possible flitted through his mind and he cringed outwardly.

“Just tell me,” she pleaded, desperation in her voice. She was growing more concerned and upset. What was so bad he couldn’t bring himself to tell? She thought she was his best friend.

He remained silent and she grew angry. She grew hurt and angry.

“Why can’t you tell me? Is it that I’m not good enough to be your friend? Is it that you want me to leave?” she demanded, tears threatening to spill. Her eyes watered and sparkling in the sun.

Realizing what he had done, he stepped forward to her and pressed his palm to her face. He didn’t want to see her cry, that was nowhere near his intentions.

“Don’t cry, please don’t cry,” he begged, taking her hand with his free one. He wiped away a stray tear with his thumb, savoring each moment he got to touch her and comfort her.

“Then why won’t you tell me?” she whimpered, peering at him from under her long, lush lashes. Her eyes glimmered with tears.

“I just wanted to tell you that…,” he started and took in a staggering breath. It was now or never; he would never have a chance like this. “I just wanted to tell you that I love you,” he whispered, leaning his face towards her.

Shock bolted through her body like lightening. She thought she was dreaming. Did she really hear him say he loved her? Her body stilled and her eyes were widened in shock.

“I understand if you don’t feel the same,” he mumbled though pain coursed through him with each word. He didn’t want her to reject him. He wanted her to tell him she felt the same and it hurt his heart that he was risking their friendship by confessing his feelings. “Just…ignore what I said,” he said and began to pull away.

She snapped at what he said and grasped his hand. He looked surprised at her, but his breath was caught at his throat when she took his face in her delicate hands. She pulled his face down and pressed her lips to his, gently at first.

It took a while to really understand she was kissing him. When the shock faded away, his arms curved around her perfectly, like two puzzle pieces finally connecting. Her hands dropped from his face and her palms pressed against his chest. The birds seemed to sing louder, their sweet voices spiraling around the kissing pair.

She finally pulled away from him, though it took great determination. “No I won’t ignore what you said,” she murmured. “Because I love you, too.”
© Copyright 2011 TavitaK (tavitak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739736-Confession