*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739900-The-Mask-of-Sanity-II
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1739900
A beautiful woman's seductive charm conceals her terrifying nature.
Don’t be late, he thought. It would be the third time he had kept her waiting like this. He kept hoping he hadn’t stretched her patience, even if it didn’t seem to affect her. He kept obsessively looking at his watch as he sped through the streets. I must be out of my fucking mind. He eyed his speedometer. He hadn’t noticed how fast he was going.


“Jesus Christ!” he yelled as he saw the number. He released his foot off the pedal and began to slow down. Looking in the rearview mirror, he noticed that he was sweating. Why the fuck am I doing this? He pulled out a white napkin and wiped his brow. His reflection in the mirror unsettled him. Ever since he met her, he hadn’t been himself. There was something about her. Something that both excited and worried him.


Pulling in the restaurant parking lot, he spotted her car at its usual spot. With a lump in his throat, his eyes darted around for an empty space. He really hoped she wasn’t upset with him. A spot presented itself. He allowed himself a sigh of relief. Turning off the ignition, he looked at his watch. Seventeen minutes late. Oh, fuck. He took the napkin again and wiped his face. Breathing in deeply, he tried to compose himself. He opened the door and stepped out of his car. Looking in the side mirror, he fixed his blonde hair. His hands were shaking with excitement. Catching his own eyes, he could see what he was becoming. He closed the door and made his way to the restaurant.


It was a polished, high-end place. Waiters dressed in fine suits, heeding the calls of the well to do. Renaissance era paintings adorned the walls, while quaint music drifted through the air. Laughter accompanied the gentle aroma. A newlywed couple planning their lives together. A lovely family gathering. Dreams came true here.


Walking in, he scanned the room, trying to find her. A waiter approached him with a smile. “Hello there, sir. Do you have a reservation?” Returning his smile, the man told him he was expected, and that he was late. The waiter chuckled. “Ah, yes. Miss Lyla told me you might be late.” Fuck, he thought. She knew I was going to be late? Images of rejection and embarrassment flooded his mind. Lost in thought, everything before him vanished. “Sir?” the waiter waved his hand in front of the man’s face. Regaining himself, he smiled. “Oh, yes. I let her know beforehand. Where is she?” The waiter told him she was sitting near ‘the Lisa’. “Of course, she always liked that painting.” He nodded and placed two twenty dollar bills in the waiter’s pocket. “Thanks.”


I can’t believe I lied to him. As he was making his way to her, he felt his emotions churn. A rush of excitement and lust struck him, and grew with each step he took. He knew that within moments, he’d be with her again. It had only been a week since he saw her, but to him, it might as well have been a decade. He felt his body tremble. Walking with an uneasy confidence, he came upon her table. And there she was, in all her alluring glory. She smiled at him. He was completely smitten.


“David,” she stood up to greet him. Her voice was sweet and seductive, just as he remembered. She looked absolutely exquisite. Ohh, fuck. She smiled and placed her arms around his neck. All he could do was place his hands on her waist. Looking down at his hands, then back up into his eyes, she giggled. “Mmm. You missed me, didn’t you?” Her voice entranced him. He loved every moment of it. So did she.


“You know I did.” She could sense the weakness in his voice. He tried to keep himself steady. She leaned in and whispered into his ear. “I missed you, David.” A large smile formed on his face. Good, she isn’t upset with me, he thought with relief. Before he could say anything, she nibbled on his ear for just a moment, and pulled away. He stood there, ecstatic. She sat down, leaning on the back of her chair. Her light green eyes glittered forbidden secrets to him. “Sit down, David.” He did as he was told.


She could feel his uneasiness. And she knew the power she had over him. Soon, she thought to herself. David was too preoccupied with her physical beauty to notice the ideas formulating in her mind. “David,” she said. “What is it, honey?” She stopped for a moment, relishing her hold on him. She pointed at the painting of The Mona Lisa, which was hung near their table. “Do you know why I like this painting?” Looking at the painting, then back to her, he shook his head. She laughed and placed a hand on his. She felt him shiver at her touch. “I like it because no one really knows who this woman is. Or if she even exists. And yet, she’s captured the attention of the entire planet.” He nodded in approval. “Yeah,” he said. “It’s a big mystery.” She raised his hand to her lips and kissed it, while looking at him. “Yes it is, darling. A big mystery.”


The world around him disappeared. The only two people who existed were sitting at this table, as far as he was concerned. She seemed to glow with a haunting, almost supernatural beauty. His eyes traced her body. He wanted her. He needed her. Never had he felt this way towards another woman. Then again, he never met a woman like Lyla. It was as if she appeared out of nowhere. Why on earth would a woman like her be interested in him?


She sensed his doubt and confusion, massacring any common sense he had left. She thought about how she had groomed him and prepared him for this night. She decided the time was now.


“David.” He returned to reality, if only for the briefest of moments. “I want you to have something.” With a smile, she reached in her purse and pulled out a small black box. She placed it in his hand and waited. Holy shit, he thought. Could she really want me too? With satisfaction, she watched him open the box. He pulled out a small silver pocket watch. His eyes lit up. “Wow!” he exclaimed. He examined it, noticing the fine diamonds etched into an intricate design. “This is really something, honey. Thank you.” He got up from the table and bent over to kiss her on the cheek. Her skin was cold, but felt so soft. No, thank you, she smiled as she prepared herself.


He pulled away, but she grabbed his tie and jerked it towards her. She looked at him with menacing seduction. “Is that all you want, David?” He swallowed hard. “What do you mean?” A smile crept on her face. “I mean, is a kiss on the cheek all you want from me?” God no. I want all of you, he thought. He wanted to tell her, but so weak in her presence was he. She knew of his desire and answered for him. “Take me.” Hearing her say the words he had dreamed of, he became very excited. She didn’t wait for him. She pulled him toward her, fiercely kissing him. He threw the pocket watch onto the table and placed a hand behind her head, stroking and pulling her dark hair. She laughed as he kissed her neck and lost himself to his desires.


“David,” she whispered. “We’re still in the restaurant.” He stopped himself and chuckled. “I guess we got a little carried away.” She giggled. “We can go far away if you come with me to my place.” He could not believe his ears. The pleasure was almost too much for him to handle. “You do want me, don’t you David?” Her gorgeous face hypnotized him. He couldn’t resist. “Yes, Lyla. I want you. I really want you.” Looking into his eyes, she licked her lips. “Mmm. I like the sound of that. Give me a few minutes, will you?” her eyes moved to the washroom area, then back to his. He nodded and pulled away from her, putting her gift in his pocket. “Meet you at your car in ten minutes.” She kissed him and took her belongings to the washroom.


Instead of heading into the ladies’ room, she went into the men’s. Once inside, she saw a lone man fixing his tie. He turned his head and smiled at her, then went back to his tie. She went up to him and looked at herself in the mirror. “Having a good night?” he asked with a cold demeanor. “To die for.” He chuckled. “Good.” She looked at the reflection of his dark, blue eyes. “My playmate is ready,” she said to him. “He’s completely oblivious to my intentions.” He nodded. “Good girl. Just like I taught you.” As she was fixing her makeup, she noticed him filling a syringe with a liquid. “Tonight’s the night, huh?” she said. “I’ve wasted enough time with her,” he said. She put her makeup in her bag and headed to the door. Before she left, she turned to him. “Put on a good show, Eric.”


She made her way towards the entrance of the restaurant. She caught a brief glimpse of a woman, who seemed to be waiting impatiently. She smiled to herself. Leaving the restaurant, she spotted David in his car, waiting for her. Patting her purse, she got in the car with him. David looked at her with such happiness. “We’re going to have a great time, aren’t we honey?” She smiled at him. “More than you know, darling.” She leaned in, and as they were kissing, she pulled out a syringe from her purse. “More than you know,” she whispered.
© Copyright 2011 Paul J. Belanger (entertherealm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739900-The-Mask-of-Sanity-II