*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740139-Lesson-1---Assignment-1
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Other · #1740139
Plot Ideas
Opening Lines

Not staring was difficult.  The unusual strength was the first oddity I noticed.  Then I really stared into his eyes.  What I thought at first might be a little person, was really a huge baby.  I don’t really know much about children, but this child was certainly a curiosity.  He actually might have been around three years old, but he weighed at least 60 pounds.  His face was big with cheeks and he didn’t appear to have a neck.  All he wore was a black diaper covered with skulls and crossbones.  And the sickest part, his blond curly hair was dyed black.  Wasn’t that against the law, or something?  Even worse, the coloring had given him a rash.  He carried a sack of M&M’s in one hand and his name was Mars.

After the opening line, I continued with writing a paragraph to show where I was going with this.  The idea hit me as Contemporary Gothic and other characters began to appear – just as weird.  They are individuals who ended up together after a catastrophe and are seeking the help of a particular person they moved next door to, who has no idea why they have chosen him.
© Copyright 2011 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740139-Lesson-1---Assignment-1