*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741388-My-Generations-Role
Rated: E · Monologue · Contest · #1741388
A written speech for a contest about my generation's role in America.
Does my Generation Have a Role in America’s Future?

Corruption, joblessness, poverty, war. These are just a few examples of issues that our country is currently facing. As part of the up-and-coming generation, these are issues that I think about often. I think about them because I know that soon myself, and rest of my generation, am going to be thrown into the real world and these are problems that we will all have to face and overcome. We have the potential to play a great role in America’s future. We have the power to make a real difference.

Every time I hear talk of politics and platforms, I cringe inside. I think of all the damage that they’ve already done to this country, just to get a back-door deal or to cover something up. Politics today, I can guarantee you, is not what our founding fathers had in mind for their country. 

As citizens of America need to pick this country up by its boot straps. No more sitting on the sidelines while greed-motivated politicians make the decisions for us. It is time that we say enough is enough, and fight for what we want. We cannot continue running a country the way it’s being run. We have the power to help control the corruption that has been running rampant in our country for years. We can fill our offices with political figures that are actually going to listen to what their people have to say, and act on it.

I feel that my generation, each and every one of us, can help. We are more powerful than anyone can imagine. We can serve as a fresh prospective. Our country needs young people who haven’t been involved in government and politics for decades. We can bring new ideas to the table, and improve America.

Along with political corruption, America’s economy is suffering. As a result, so are the people. Jobs are getting harder to come by, and the government has been borrowing a little too much money from our social security system. Families are being forced to survive on one paycheck, or even less.

America’s backbone is her people, and her people are broken and struggling. But there is hope. Hope has the ability to heal more than any speech or political pitch. My entire generation can bring our country hope. I think that we are a strong and determined generation who is ready to jump into this world head first. I know that we are capable. It’s time that we repair America, and stand prepared to honor it.

Honoring America is more than just standing up during the National Anthem at sports event, or attending a Fourth-of-July parade. Soldiers are overseas fighting for us right now. They’re willing to die for us, and many already have. That’s honor. People are devoting their lives to helping the homeless and less fortunate. That’s honor. Honor is something real, something tangible.

This means we need to take action. Our home is in danger. People aren’t thinking head. We need to clean up our land, and preserve it for the future. We can erect wind turbines, recycle, and come up with cleaner energy sources. We can honor our nation by preserving it.

I just want to remind my generation how great we are. We do have a role to play in America’s future. A great role, in fact. We are going to grow into these roles soon, and our country will be all the better for it. And to everyone else, I hope that you are ready to be blown away. This generation is far more brilliant than you realize.



© Copyright 2011 *KelseyLynn*Music=Love* (kelseylynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741388-My-Generations-Role