*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741864-The-Dark-Side
by Keltic
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1741864
Every story has its own dark side. This is the World's darkside, with mistrust and pain...
Each story has its own ending.
Each story has hidden pain.
Each story has a miracle.
Each story has its claims.
Gabriel Fox knows of this dark.
Filled with mistrust, and pain.
When his love declares he's wrong,
Will the spark of love re-flame?


Chapter One
Distractions, Distrations



         The rythmic tapping of my pencil seemed to be all I could hear. I hated essays. Horrible things, invented by horrid people who decided knowledge needed to be tested. I snorted. My brown eyes wandered back up to the only part of the essay I'd completed. This part read, "Name : Gabriel Fox". Yep. All I could write was my own name. How --

         "Gabriel."


         I hated it when she cooed my name like that. I sighed, smiling a bright, obviously fake smile. Sierra didn't seem to notice. Yes, Sierra; The beautiful girl who I loved so, and who loved me just as much as I did her. I was lucky to call her my girlfriend. But why didn't I feel so lucky right now? "Hey, Sierra." I muttered hopelessly. "There's no way I'm ever going to finish this essay for Social. No way." I declared, throwing down the pencil. My head automatically flipped to the side, pushing the bright blue-tipped hair out of my face.

         Sierra giggled. Her blonde hair, streaked with pink, was pushed back behind her ears. It made her look cute, in my opinion. "Don't worry about it." Sierra set to work massaging my tense shoulders gently. "You'll have plenty of time to finish. But don't forget about our date after school." I wasn't listening. It was apparently very obvious, because Sierra frowned and snapped her fingers in my face. "Hello? Earth to Gabriel?" she stroked my black hair, twirling her painted fingernails through it soothingly, all the way down to the blue tips.

         I shook my head. "Uh, yeah. How could I forget?" I looked up at her, hiding the incertainty in my eyes. Our lips met for a short moment, before she stood up straight. I stood up to stand in front of her, smiling absently. The mesmorizing image that had just blown right at me was clouding my mind, making it hard to think about anything else... I mentally told myself to quit it. I couldn't be obsessing over the girl I used to love - She'd turned me down. Sierra was there for me when I'd faced the blow, and I was true to her now. I sighed. It was just hard to see her walk around with her new boyfriend, Derek. Immediately, I snapped back to reality. "See 'ya later, baby." I murmured as she hugged me, my arms instinctively moving around her waist. She then scurried off to class.






© Copyright 2011 Keltic (keltic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741864-The-Dark-Side