*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742289-No-Really-Im-Okay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1742289
Here is the first two paragraphs of my novel. Very raw, unfinished. A work in progress.
The ringing sounded muffled, far away.  It was familiar but different.  What is that noise? Ann thought to herself.  I’ve heard it before.  Why is my throat so sore and why can’t I swallow?  She attempted to clear her throat which caused even more pain.  It felt as though her tongue was stuck to her teeth.  What is wrong with me now? She pondered as she tried to move her limbs.  The ringing had stopped and she heard an older female voice over her answering machine.  It was Mother.  Great.    That answers that question, the ringing was the phone.  Why can’t I move my legs?  Oh my god I was hit by a virus during the night and I’m paralyzed.  Guillain–BarrĂ© ? Isn’t that a side effect of the flu shot that I received two days ago?  I haven’t finished my transcriptions for the week, how will I finish my work if I’m paralyzed?

As she moved her body around Ann became more aware of her surroundings.  She was waking up, it was morning and she was twisted up in her sheets, her pillow was wet and slimy. Drool.  That explains the dry mouth and throat.  God I must be an ugly sight Ann thought as she again tried to loosen herself from her bedding.  What happened last night, why am I all messed up?  It seems to be happening alot more lately.  As she freed herself she stretched her body across the bed and took stock of herself and her surroundings.  Her naturally curly hair was snarled into a wasp nest pile on top of her head.  Her face was caked with dried saliva and her oversized t-shirt was soaking wet.  As the chills came, Ann was vaguely aware of the absence of her underwear.  I wonder where they went?  I never sleep without underwear.  She sat up suddenly as this thought presented itself and she looked left and right.  Okay, there they are, on the floor.  As she searched her nighttime memory seeking the reason for underwear removal she remembered Tony.  Tony had been here.  Or had he?  She remembered running her fingers across his chest and his mouth on hers.  Stop!  She shook her head to rid it of the memory. “I need a shower,” she announced to no one in particular.
© Copyright 2011 Sherdenise (sherdenise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742289-No-Really-Im-Okay