*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742887-Arent-we-blessed
by nabz
Rated: 13+ · Article · How-To/Advice · #1742887
food is to the poor man, what a second ipod is to the rich man.
         Looking around me, I see lush green trees for miles on end. The sound of water gushing down the rocks. Clear blue skies. Children running around, laughing and playing in the trees and splashing in the water.  All I can think about is how much we don’t appreciate what we've got.  People all around the world living, basically, in desert lands suffering in extreme weather conditions, not having sufficient food and water needed for survival. Children only half clothed, fighting to stay warm in winter and hunting for proper shelter in the summer.

         

         My question is, why don’t people count their blessings before finding fault with the little things in life? Why don’t the appreciate what they have got instead of grumbling about what they haven't got?

How is it that people with hardly anything are thankful and grateful for every breath they take throughout each day. They are grateful for a single drop of water and a morsel of food everyday. Whereas we, who have every bounty possibly imaginable don't appreciate any of it.

         

         What we do is, we tend to think more of what we want rather than what we need. If we ever stopped to think of what we really need, we would soon realize that we need to be more thankful and grateful. People need reminders once in a while,  telling them how much they are blessed  and how much others aren’t. A wise person once said, “look to those above you regarding knowledge, but look to those below you regarding one's wealth and blessings.”



         Due to the lack of understanding between people of today, many problems have arisen.  The superiority complex is one of them. Many people who are wealthier, are noticed to have been treating the less fortunate with little respect, which may hurt another person's feelings. Jealousy and greed are other causes for such problems. If only that fortunate man would share his good fortune with the less fortunate, and take a little of his time to treat him with more respect, one day we may all be  of equal social standing. If we all can follow this simple but immense example, we may all be able to, as a global family, bring about world peace. 



         “KINDNESS BEGETS KINDNESS”          



   
© Copyright 2011 nabz (nabeelah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742887-Arent-we-blessed