*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743211-Twister---When-people-go-to-far
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #1743211
A detective tries to solve a case, but what game is the murderer playing at and why?
Still to be polished -

EXT. Night. alley

A young lady in a green dress is walking down an alley way at night. She stops to look in her handbag for something, she is wearing all green. Suddenly a male wearing all black is shown entering the alley way. He walks to her and we hear a scream that is broken off as we cut to black.

EXT. DAY. ALLEY

Police are surrounding the body of the young lady, her left foot has been removed. People with gloves on search around the body for clues/fingerprints as one cop takes a photo, he looks at the young girl, his eyes sad. Start to hear a far off man say

BOSS

We think this may be linked to the murder conducted last week at the bar on 5th and 1st.

INT. Day. Office

Continued - Inside an office building with a large white board and tables and chairs. Our cop and a new guy, his boss, stand in discussion.

BOSS

Unfortunately we can not find any connection between the girls besides general age and city wide location.

John

Did they go to the same school? Same suburb?

BOSS

Nothing, the fact that they are both female and under 25 is all we have to go on. They may in fact be different cases. But the removal of body parts suggests otherwise.

Both men look to the white board where pictures of both murders are placed, with writing surrounding them. We zoom into the picture of the first murder and then John's face before flash backing to the investigation of the first murder.

EXT. NIGHT. BAR TOILETS

A young lady is laying across the floor of a bathroom, she is wearing a red dress and shoes. One of her hands has been severed from her body. The fluorescent light flickers above as the cop knells down and photographs the severed hand. We fade to black and flash slowly fades.

INT. DAY. DESK

John is sitting at his desk, it is late afternoon, the pictures from both murders and files containing their information are upon his desk. Another lady (cop) from the office walks by.

lADY oFFICER

Night John

JOHN

Night Sue.

John barely looks up from the file, determined to find a pattern linking the two women together. The light fades and it goes black, we see a close up of a clock turn to 2:04am. A phone starts to ring and John slowly wakes at his desk where he fell asleep.

JOHN

Hello?

Roger

I think you better get down here John, we got another one.

JOHN

I'll be right there.

John stands at his desk and grabs his coat and runs out of the office. We zoom in on the picture of the girl with the severed foot.

EXT. NIGHT. PARK

We zoom out and the severed foot is now of a different young women, this one wearing all blue. It is night time but the park is lit up by police. A black car is parked on the park grounds, John is talking to Roger

ROGER

It has to be linked, another girl, another body part hacked off. I don't like it.

JOHN

Me either, this girl has no connection to the other 2, and the location is so far remote that there can not be a central location.

ROGER

I don't know about you, but the sooner we catch this guy the better, I don't want the next one we find to be my daughter.

JOHN

Roger that.

ext. day. house

Fade to white, John is pulling into the driveway of a large white house.

INT. DAY. HOUSE

He walks inside, and places his briefcase down in the hallway. He walks to the kitchen and kisses his wife.

JOHN

Hello Honey

Rachel

Hello Darling, big night, i was getting worried.

JOHN

Yeah, another murder, but we'll catch 'em. I just hope it's soon.

A young lady walks in the room.

JOHN

You're up early Missy, not getting into any trouble I hope.

Julie

Would I do that father? Anyways, me and Heather are going down to the mall to find outfits for the big house party at Brad's tonight.

JOHN

So you're still going to that huh?

JULIE

Of course

We hear a honk from outside and Julie grabs her glass of juice she just poured and sculls the rest.

JULIE

That'll be Heather!

RACHEL

Tell heather to drive safely and remember that there is such a thing as too expensive, even in the fashion world.

JULIE

Yes mother! Bye dad! See you.

Julie slams the door on her way out and we hear a car drive off.

JOHN

They grow up so fast.

JULIE

We still have Michael

A young boy runs into the room with a soccer ball, opens the fridge grabs a coke and runs out leaving the fridge open and running smack bag into the door on the way out.

RACHEL

You'll see, they'll grow up right.

She says walking over to the fridge and closing it.

JOHN

I hope your right. I should try and get some sleep.

RACHEL

Night honey.

They kiss and john walks out of shot.

INT. DAY. STUDY

Is is 7pm at night, John walks into his study and sits at his desk, opening all 3 file cases and placing them side by side. He sighs and rubs his forehead, leaning back in his chair. Then his daughter enters the room wearing all yellow.

JULIE

Hey dad, i'm just leaving, what do you think?

Julie twirls in front of her father.

JOHN

Very nice, now remember, stay safe, and have fun, don't do anything i wouldn't do.

JULIE

Don't forget, i know how you and mum met.

Julie sticks out her tounge then kisses her father on the forehead and walks out.

John looks at the clock then closes the case files one by one, he then gets out and leaves to go to the kitchen

INT. EVENING. KITCHEN

John enters the kitchen and pours himself a glass of water. From the other room we hear.

Michael

Left foot, Green!

John drops the glass and it shatters upon the ground. He runs to the lounge room where Michael and his friends are playing Twister. Rachel is watching.

JOHN

Rachel! Where did Julie go?

RACHEL

To the party, you know that, is everything okay?

JOHN

Where is the party damn it!

RACHEL

Just up the road, at Thomas'

John grabs his coat off the hook and bolts out the door and gets in his car. He pulls out of the drive way and we cut to black and hear a scream.

INT. NIGHT. BEDROOM

Julie is pressed against the wall with the man in black holding an axe above his head. He slices his weapon down just as we hear the door crash and we cut to black.

EXT. NIGHT. STREET

John and his daughter are sitting on the gutter outside the house as lights flash behind them. Julie is wrapped up in a blanket as John hugs her. Roger comes over.

ROGER

Can I speak with you a second John?

JOHN

Yeah, I'll be back in a second sweetie.

John and Roger walk over to the other side of the road.

ROGER

This is the guy we've been chasing. I can't believe how sick someone would have to be to make an innocent game into something this sick.

JOHN

I know, have you got an address?

ROGER

Yeah we're about to head over now, do you want to come? This was your investigation.

JOHN

Yeah, I'll come. I want to bring the bastard who did this down.

John looks over and his crying daughter who is being seen to by a nurse.

INT. NIGHT. CREEPY PLACE

Roger, John and 3 others walk into a dimly lit room, Roger walks over and turns the light on and we see a hardwood floor with a game of twister laid out. The board is almost empty except a detached hand on red, and a severed foot on both green and blue. The spinner is laying on left hand yellow.

JOHN

Some people take games to seriously.

ROGER

Deadly serious, as the case may be.

John takes a photo and we fade to black as camera flash dies.

CREDITS
© Copyright 2011 A.M.Issy (a-m-issy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743211-Twister---When-people-go-to-far