*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743401-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1743401
Dear Me, Here are your ideas and inspirations for the new year.
Dear Me,
    It's been awhile. I must say we have improved in the past year. 2011 is now upon us and there are many things still needing attention. Word choice is a good example; instead of using 'good' let's broaden our horizons to something like 'super', funny but usable. So, the way I see it, bust out that Thesaurus! If we can use a new word at least once in every story, poem, or haiku this year that would be stupendous!
    Now, on to more pressing matters. A New Years Resolution; no lose weight while saving money by kicking the smoking habit (not a bad idea though). We have more attainable ones, more fun ones, like writing for example. Congratulations! You're moving towards goal number two already! That's not what I mean however. We always sit on the couch, thinking. Not that thinking is a bad thing but putting our thoughts on paper is a good idea, no matter how sporadic and jumbled they are. Sometimes the best ideas come from a mind full of nonsense.
    Now, I hope you can handle one more resolution from me; yourself. Read! We have gotten away from that this past year. Don't just read the words either, read up-down left-right corner to corner and backwards. Read what's not there. Hear the message that's not written down, for that's rarely ever where it lays. It's in the lonely daughters voice you can't listen to but can hear. It's in the beauty of a magical world that you can't see but can imagine.
    After all that is said and done there is more to life then sitting on the couch with a legal pad in our lap writing and reading, but if there wasn't that would be ok with me.
   
With Love, Me.

Dear Me,
        You're absolutely right.

Sincerely, You.


Word Count : 329
© Copyright 2011 Janet Nimoy (smithferguson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743401-Dear-Me