*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743501-The-Purple-Alien-and-The-Lion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1743501
Fable about a small Purple Alien and his need of a broom.
         An alien once zapped into my room and asked for a broom; he was a tiny purple fellow whose body jiggled like jello. About the size of my pinky so I gave him a wink and said: "Sorry good man, but you were not invited; so I bid you goodnight and wish you a safe flight." I picked him up and opened my door, about to throw him out, when the purple little guy began to pout: He said, "Please don't, I spilled such a large mess on my ship, all I hope for is a broom from you my sir." "A broom and nothing more from me?" I asked. "Yes, that is all and nothing more - I swear." Well my dear, "Luzo" - Luzo, if you zip to the third floor and are careful not to trip over the vacuum, and are mindful of the mice, and can handle the stout spiders; and surely could subdue a vice or two then you will find a blue broom about the size of my pinky sitting in the farthest corner from the door.

         So the purple fellow zipped to my third floor and began his quest for a broom, a broom and nothing more. I heard many crashes and dashes; many zips and trips; and when he was done I heard no more; so I went to my third floor to investigate. He was there - tired and mired and incredulous of my intent. He had the broom and so much more: Bites from mice and mites; and spiders and even a cat scratch. "All I wanted was a broom," he said as he gasped, sitting in the corner with the blue stick, bristles brand new - "But you gave me something more, something much harder than a simple broom. You didn't have to make it that hard, did you?" "Of course," I replied - "I had to make sure of your prowess, didn't I?" "I suppose you're right, now let's test your prowess." And so he turned me into a lion, but kept my brain and heart the same.

         So now, here I am: A lion, quite a large one indeed, it's quite difficult to do much with such large paws and claws, and people run when they see me and faint when I talk; but seeing that I have the mind and heart of a man still, I learned a simple lesson: Don't make things harder than they should be.
© Copyright 2011 Carl Decker (mcabral343 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743501-The-Purple-Alien-and-The-Lion