*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743863-Dear-Me-Contest
by nabz
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Other · #1743863
help me be a better person!
Dear Me, 
    This new year, you will definitely make it a point to try out new writing styles, in order to find out which one you're best at. You will also find each of the those stories you started last year and finish them up in style. You are not going to be caught slacking at anything you begin to do. The new ME, this year, is going to publish at least ten items within the next two months. You will also do your level best to read and review more of the other Authors' items and rate them accordingly. This will encourage new writers also to write more and take part in writing.com's many offers. You will do your part to make the world a more literate, a more interesting place to live in, as you understand what it is like to be left in the dark. You will also drag your mom and the rest of your family to go book-shopping at least every month, this year, which is more than you accomplished last year, and review each one of them all. It doesn't have to be published on writing.com, you can even have it on paper just for you to read when you feel like it. You will also encourage your brother and sister to read more, maybe even write more, convince them that there is nothing better than a good book on a lonely island or even for a week on the pacific! Make sure that each of your items deserves to be rated five stars as you write. make sure that all of your ideas for all of your items comes straight from your heart. try to think up interesting plots for all of your creative writing items. You will do well to remember, in your heart of hearts, that what is yours will always be yours, so do not worry if someone else steals your idea. Whoever that is, is a big time loser!!!
      Do not be disheartened by a little criticism. Criticism is good. You learn from it as you learn from any other mistake. The only difference  is that this in writing! Try not to stop in the middle of a story or article and tell yourself, "this sucks," because it does not! Nothing sucks! You can turn anything you think is sucky into a piece that even the best critics would want to read just by changing the plot from where you stopped. That way it becomes more of an original piece. I have never seen anyone else do that before! try it, I will bet you,it is going to work out better than you expected. Oh, and never forget that however original you try to be, it is not going to work! So just be yourself and write from your heart. Do not stop to think of what the reader is going to think because, firstly, you do not know your reader is going to be. Secondly, you do not know how many readers you are about to cater to, and you can't possibly cater to each of your readers' tastes all in one piece. So basically, all you have to do is write what you think you should write, be it something creative, be it about some cause you want to talk about, just go on writing without stopping!!! Grammatical errors can be corrected later. Do not waste time doing that while writing. Just let the ideas flow through first. Once you are done with your piece, then you can check for grammatical or spelling errors.
    You will do your best to observe random people you see or meet throughout the day and size them up into one of your characters. Observe things, places and anything else. Then try to describe them in words to anyone near you, or just to yourself. This way you will have more ideas for your worthy pieces of art, as well as improve your writing abilities.
    Me in 2011, you will also do well to help anyone having difficulties, in any way you can, be it regarding reading, writing or anything else. Remember, what makes a writer, a good writer is the fact that he helps another find his or her way along the right path, no matter what. Also, please note, that, by helping others, you end up learning something new too and thereby improving your own skills in writing! Isn't that cool? Oh, and if you have time try to write a book filled with all of life's weirdest characters and publish it! For real! That way, you'll be able to show people that no matter what you write, it is always going to be appreciated. Try to bring out the child in you as well as in the reader. We all have a childish side, don't we? You can include fairies, pixies, fire breathing dragons, giants elves and even human children with disbelieving parents!!! You can start the traditional way, "Once upon a time, in a land far, far away..." Do not be afraid to show it. Remember, lots of people get caught up in their grown up lives and forget what it is like to be a child again. So be as creative as you can and remind them by writing this book. Do it for you. Do it for the grown up world that need to be reminded of their childhood!
      If ever you come upon someone who is fussy, or is kind of annoying, remember, you were once like that too. So be a little understanding and patient towards that person. He or she will definitely appreciate it.
    Just in case mom gets her hands on this, you must keep your room clean!!! *Pthb* If anyone tells you that you are over weight, take their advice and work on it. Get some exercise. Keep fit. Take as much advice as you can get, you'll need it at some point in life, and do not hesitate to give your advice to others who need it too. Please be as dedicated as you can in whatever you do. That is a vital point that may help in making you a better writer.       
      Amidst your busy schedule, as mentioned above, please take some time off to just hang out with friends and have some fun! Go ahead, after all that hard work, you deserve it. After all, how much more can you do if the stress gets to you?
Just in case mom gets her hands on this, you must keep your room clean!!! *Pthb* So good luck with trying to work your way through to achieving your goal. Love you loads,
                                                      Nabz. 
© Copyright 2011 nabz (nabeelah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743863-Dear-Me-Contest