*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744149-The-Day-I-Turned-16
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1744149
Written for my Creative Writing class. (2008-2009) It is about someone's 16th birthday.
Okay there are people who are born on Easter or Christmas or that day in February that exists every four years. It just so happens that my birthday is on October 31st, Halloween day. Always something spooky happens on my birthday. I dread it. Th good thing though is all the candy and adventures and presents I receive and what I got on that night.

The day I turned 16- a birthday I will never forget. It seems like Mother Nature wanted to celebrate my birthday in the most evil way she can come up with. The air suddenly chilled and clouds appeared out of nowhere and became dark and heavy. It didn't rain either, just that way. Towards evening however it started to rain, then turned into sleet. I dislike it when that happens. By midnight, when it became November 1st, the weather cleared and was back to normal.

Besides the spooky weather that day there was some evil things that happened. While I was riding my bike a guy on the sidewalk wearing a hockey mask jumped off before I reached him and acted like a zombie. The Haunted house I actually did like, except at the end of the house there was this giant ugly spider web with a bunch of ugly spiders- some of the spiders moved around on the web. I was completely freaked out for a moment. Then when I came home all the lights were off and dad said there was a robber in the house. When I went into the kitchen lights came on and everyone in costumes jumped out and said "Happy Birthday."

There were some good things that happened though. I got my driver license in the morning. At the party I got 16 bags of candy, 16 different game boy games, and 16 different sweaters.

It gets below 0 during the winter. I also was thrilled to see a Chevy Convertible car bought by my dad that was my present too. I was able to enjoy it until I wrecked it out on the street. Later on I was able to get a Pontiac Grand Pris though.
© Copyright 2011 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744149-The-Day-I-Turned-16