*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744162-Beauty-of-Drawing
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1744162
Written in Creative writing(2008-2009). Drawing is the most important thing to do.
Dandy can't wait for the bell to ring. She has been making random line sketches on a piece of paper in her notebook. The sketch she is doing is an outline of a dragon, not thinking much about it. It usually takes 30 minutes or more to create a thorough dragon drawing. First step is to draw fine lines in random directions. Each line connects like an invisible dot-to-dot game, only without the dots. The outline of the dragon appears. The lines is curved because in nature creatures are curved in some way, whether it is visible or not. First few lines eventually form a downward curve, forming the neck. The majority of the lines forming the body and tail, however, are a straighter line from side to side; connecting to the neck, then shapes how large the dragon will be. It is kind of like drawing an acute triangle on its side. After sketching the body a little, a few lines goes up and down is drawn. Here is also where wings are drawn too, in the same manner.

Normally it is much better if a few drawing pencils are used: one on the upper hard range, two in the medium range- including HP pencil, and last in the soft range for shading. A normally used pencil doesn't work well for drawing- but is the cheapest to buy. However, if a soft pencil for shading isn't available, it is best to have colored pencils on hand to shade the dragon and make it colorful. Depending on how dark colored or light colored the dragon is going to be, there is a few brands of colored pencils that work. The head of the dragon is the very last thing to form and shade in because the head needs to be in proportion to the body and tail. It is preferred to have the head half the size of the body. Dandy only succeeded in sketching the neck and body of her dragon before the bell rang. Now, with joy, she leaves Government and Politics class and head to Precollege Math class.
© Copyright 2011 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744162-Beauty-of-Drawing