*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744260-Mr-Fuzzy
by skye11
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Friendship · #1744260
A story about trust, courage, and unconditional love
          Hello I'm Ava and I'm 12, at first sight you would mistaken me for an 18 year old. Yes I look old for my age, and I pretty much think maturely fr someone my age as some would say. At 7 I ran away from home because my family didn't believe when I said that the world was coming to an end in 11/11/11. And as a matter of fact, it did.

          Hello again I'm Ava still 12 and I welcome you to the new face of the Earth. Pangea was rebuilt, now every continent is just a walk away. I can visit the Eiffel tower and climb up to see the Great wall of China. Unfortunately those landmarks aren't there anymore, more mountains were formed and it was dusty for me to see anything. As soon as the clock struck 12 on 11/10/11, the ground started to shake and in only 60 second the earth was completely altered. I didn't want to pack a lot of stuff, to be honest I didn't pack a single thing. I wore something that would last me years which was;  a utilitarian black dress, black tights, black strappy leather boots, and my aviator headgear. I also managed to grab Mr. Fuzzy, the fuzzy doll my best friend Christina gave me before she died of cancer when we were in the fourth grade, who in my own words is a cross between those creatures from "Where The Wild Things Are" and Sully from '"Monsters Inc.". I always feel Christina's presence whenever I hug Mr. Fuzzy as if she really was there guiding me and guarding me.

        I never found my family, and it was hard for me at first, but I never felt as if I was part of the family which made it easier for me to cope up. When I got out of the house it was beige colored dust surrounding the entire place, and the grass that lay in our front yard was replaced with clay. The whole ground was a mixture of sand, soil, and clay. As I roamed the whole vicinity I figured out that there wasn't a single house left. I was strong for myself. I held Mr. Fuzzy as tight as I could and I prepared myself for a long journey. Where the journey would end only my feet could tell.

        As I took my first few steps I noticed a blimp flying over me. What was unusual about it was it had no cover only the steel frame suspended in mid air and functioning as if there was someone operating it. It went down and as soon as it landed I walked towards it. I peeked into one of the squares of the frame, which was unnecessary because you could see the whole inside of the blimp even from afar.
© Copyright 2011 skye11 (smurad11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744260-Mr-Fuzzy