*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745168-Really-Jack-3
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Fantasy · #1745168
Nice Spaceship You Got Here...
As Jack followed the angel down the metallic hallway, its reflective nature started to make him feel a bit unsteady. Bracing himself against the wall, he was surprised to feel the warmth coming through his hand.
    "It's the love of God you feel; it comes through everything, it surrounds everything," said the angel, her voice sounding loud inside Jack's head.
"I don't like it when you talk in me instead of to me," Jack started, beginning to walk again and stopping right behind her as they reached the end of the hallway. In front of them the ship opened up into a wide, bright plaza of different colors. From what he could see, Jack noticed that winged creatures (angels, he guessed) milled around with humans, and human-like creatures.
"I didn't figure the spaceship was so big," he commented, trying to comprehend the shear size of it all.
"It's not, you just think it is. By the way, my name is Azriel. And no, not that Azriel." This time, she spoke out loud. The angel lit a cigarette and inclined her head for him to follow her.
"What do you mean?"
"You only think it's a colorful plaza. Your mind is creating a scene in front of you, something your brain can handle. The Big Guy is bringing us through space with the help of some friends, and since your mind is too underdeveloped to see it, you see the plaza. The people around you see the same thing, the humans, I mean; the angels see something different, the scrazis see something different (you'll meet them soon). Just enjoy the view, and know that God loves you. Oh, and when we get to His office, wipe your feet, he doesn't like dirt on his rug."
© Copyright 2011 Mara Levina (levina411 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745168-Really-Jack-3