*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745623-Fear
by Ace
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1745623
A really short horror story about a man seeking shelting in a haunted mansion
Ed wanted to scream, but he dared not make a sound. It would find him if he screamed. All he could do was keep pressing up against the wall, wishing that the horrible creature would not find him in the pitch black darkness. He wondered how long time had passed since he first sought shelter for the night in the abandoned mansion. As the massive wooden doors had slammed shut behind him as he entered, he had lost all track of time.

Even with his eyes wide open in fear he couldn't make out anything in the darkness, he couldn't even see his own hand in front of him. Not a sound was heard except for the rain pouring onto the roof, the cursed rain that had driven him into the mansion in the first place. He wondered if he was losing his mind, if he had merely imagined the horrible sounds and the terrifying creature he had seen before his torch went out. But then it appeared again, a faint light blue glow emerging from the far end of the corridor. He felt cold, as if the blue glow was drawing his warmth from him.

As the glow approached him, Ed stood as if frozen in place, unable to move so much as a muscle. All he could do was stand there and stare at the skeleton-like creature that was the source of the glow. As it marched closer to him, Ed tried to scream, but could not make a sound. He tried to move, to run away, but his body did not obey. He closed his eyes, wishing for death to come quickly.
© Copyright 2011 Ace (awesomeguy93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745623-Fear