*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745713-The-Dark-Side-Chapter-Four
by Keltic
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1745713
Mistrust, mystery, anger and denial are formed during the 4th chapter of The Dark Side..
I thought that you would cross the sea,
Pay a hefty fine just to be with me.
Thought that you could never leave,
And thus never come to hurt me.
Sadly, sadly, I thought wrong.
All along, I was wrong.
You were wrong for oh so long.
And now because we were wrong,
Our love has come and gone.

~Keltic


Chapter Four
What do lipgloss, mean teachers, and English class all have in common?
I hate them. All.
         

When I thought this week couldn't get worse, I realized that I had jinxed it, just like everyone always does in television shows and movies. It did get worse. I had to work with a partner to compose a poem that we would read aloud to the class together. Didn't sound too bad to me. That was, until our substitute teacher, Mr. Wryte, assigned partners. Our normal teacher would of let us pick our partner, because she was just like that. But instead, we had assigned partners, and assigned partners were never good. Especially when Mr. Wryte frowned up guy-guy or girl-girl pairing. So the guys had to work with girls, and vice versa. Still didn't sound too bad to me. But then my partner was announced.

         "Jessie, you're with Lenae. Jamie, you're with Tony. And Mr. Fox." Mr. Wryte's eyes fell on me. He knew me much too well, and so he narrowed his eyes. "Looks like you've got Ali."

         My eyes widened. I had been leaning back in my chair, and now it slammed forward, causing me to hit my elbows against the desk. "What?!" I almost shouted at him, but controlled my voice. He just smirked at my expression and continued. I had to work with my ex-girlfriend to compose a poem? One that wasn't about her destroying my life. Great. Perfect. Fabulous. As if I didn't have enough problems. Why couldn't Sierra be in my English class? Why did the gods have to prey on me, victimize me as their prey for all horrible things that wore red pumps and glittery lipgloss? This week was obviously not my week.

         Ali glanced over to me, her bright blue eyes like daggers. She flashed me a scowl, then turned her head back to chat quietly with Derek. There she was, one of the horrible things wearing red pumps and glittery lipgloss. Again I asked myself why my luck was running so thin.

         The bell had rung, luckily, symbolizing that we had our free time. I'd go hang with Sierra, complain about English class, and try my best not to walk past the heart of my screwed-up life. So far, all was going good on the planning. I'd just told Sierra stiffly about my partner for English, and she gave a sincere look, a said soothingly, "Maybe all will go well."

         "I highly doubt that."











© Copyright 2011 Keltic (keltic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745713-The-Dark-Side-Chapter-Four