*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746055-Lesson-3--Writing-Assignment
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #1746055
My third writing assignment for the Comma Kazi class.
Ludia opened the door and pranced straight to the glass counter. She pressed her face into it. Strawberry and blueberry scents wafted in the air. She lifted her head and glanced around. I smell stranger pie.

She balled her fist and pounded them on the counter. "Anybody here! I want some stranger pie."

A blonde with hazel eyes walked out from the kitchen covered with flour from head to toe. "Would you like strawberry or blueberry?"

"Strawberry. You must be a new slave because I know everyone, and everyone knows me."

"Yes, I'll get your pie." The lady slid the glass door open and grabbed a slice. "Will this be to go?"

Ludia tapped her fingers. "Duh, don't you know anything?" 

The woman placed the pie in a take out container, put it in a plastic bag, and placed a plastic four and napkin on top. "That will be a dollar."

Ludia snatched the bag. "Just charge it to my parents."

"Who are they?"

"You didn't just ask me that stupid question. My parents, Lucifer and Cydia Webster, own and rule this town."

The waitress took a pink envelope with Cydia written on it out from under the register. "This must be for your mother. Miss Sally wanted me to give it to her if she came in, but I guess you could give it to her."

Ludia smiled and held out her hand. "Of course, I can. I'll make sure she gets it right away. Just put it in the bag." She opened the bag.

The lady put it in there. "Thank you. You have a good day."

Ludia nodded and skipped out of the bakery. She dashed in the alley between the neighboring buildings. She sat down, dug the letter out, and lifted it up to the sunlight. Can't see anything. Why would Miss Sally write Mommy a letter when she could just see or call her?

She ripped it open. "Pretty pink paper." She held it up to her nose. "Smells like roses." This is like the ones Judia sends to her boyfriend.

She unfolded it and began to read.

My Darling Cydia,

As the days go by, my love for you becomes as deep as the ocean. One day, I know we will be able to express our love freely. I cry everytime I have to leave you. I guess we will have to vicariously live through our fantasies. I resolve not to give up on us, my deterimnation stronger than ever. After the fire is gone, I find myself still wanting you over and over again.

My husband Johnny can never know because he's all about following the ghoul traditions, especially loyalty to sister wives. You know he'll tell Lucifer, and you know how jealous your husband is over you.

I'll count the hours until tomorrow afternoon.

Your Secret Love,

Sally


Ludia's mouth drop and she froze. She tore the letter into pieces and shoved it in her mouth. No one will know about this. I can't lose my Mommy.







© Copyright 2011 very thankful (sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746055-Lesson-3--Writing-Assignment