*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746793-The-Frabjous-Freakazoidz--Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1746793
Ok, so, since I have been inactive I am going to explode with creative writings and such!
Spirellia; the city was a forest of towering skyscrapers and luminous fluorescent lights at night. Its leaders and government, however, in contrary to the delightful festival of city life, had some flaws.
Leodinardi knew this all too well.
The scenes of the little abandoned orphan children, their scarred and fragile bodies unwillingly adorned with clothes of their infant years, the only toys they had to play with being stones or broken glass left behind by the drunks that swaggered shamelessly on the streets at night. Maybe it was them that plagued his thoughts as the Spirellian carriage that he had reluctantly been escorted into by the driver pulled him closer to the heart of the city.
The outside of the horse-drawn vehicle was adorned with golden tassels with a blood red and navy blue supporting the solid color, the combination symbolizing someone high of ranking in the kingdom that had claimed the metropolis as its capital. Signor Spirelli himself has sent it to his estate in the suburbs of the kingdom as an invitation to Leo's own promotional banquet, making him the highest-ranking assassin in the land. The carriage, though it was said to have been an invitation, was a demand that he should come, for the party was in his honor. If he had not accepted such a so-called request, the consequences might have been great. But Leodinardi only took chances when it was required of him, or if he absolutely saw it necessary.
The assassin adjusted his goggles, the lenses beginning to fog as he perspired nervously within the confinement of the vehicle, his cloth shirt sticking to him uncomfortably. It was one of the only days Leodinardi was not required to wear the signature red, navy blue, and golden yellow, and he had made the most of it. His outfit was made up of dark, thick purples and loud, obnoxious lime greens, a bow tie concealing his neck. The driver had informed him of the possibility of there being a masquerade ball held in his honor, so Leo had fashioned himself a matching peacock mask that would decorate his nose and surround his golden-speckled, emerald eyes. Brilliant ruffles of sleeve protruded from the end of his coat, tailored to tease the eye, making them assume the shirt was put together with feathers, both black and white. He hoped that his ornate and exquisite outfit would hold the meaning of diversity and a colorful personality, reflecting on how Leodinardi truly was as a person. However, as clever as the plan might have been, it seemed that the foolish eyes of the wealthy and important allies of Spirelli seemed to be entangled in a web of ignorance, and the possibility of them seeing such a symbolic thing was highly unlikely.
"You look both eager and apprehensive, my friend. What troubles you?"
Leo had almost forgotten about the domesticated marshmallow, his pet Toby, had been accompanying him for the long journey that was soon to end. He had disguised his abrupt, spontaneous manners with a formal accent and a surprisingly high vocabulary. Toby's eyes seemed to be sparkling with the city's glow, yet the concern in them was indeed obvious; he knew that his master was not at all right.
"It would concern nobody but myself, Toby," he assured his pet, but the assassin only seemed to be assuring himself.
"You lie," accused Toby in reply, hopping closer to him. "What are you refusing to tell me?"
"The persistence you have recently obtained amuses me deeply."
The marshmallow scowled. His expression made it obvious that he was aggravated and growing impatient. "Oh, come on Leo!" The accent faded, revealing Toby's squeaky, high-pitched voice. "Just tell me! I don't want to keep talking in this stupid accent in this stupid city, where we are not allowed to use any contractions!"
Leodinardi held back the urge to chuckle at his pet's outburst, knowing it would have been cruel. Heaving a sigh, he began, but with some reluctance at first. "This...promotion, I - I do not think it is necessary of our Signor, Spirelli, to give to me. It would make me feel more...responsible, in a way. Do you not see through my eyes? Can you define this predicament I have gotten my poor self into?"
"Indeed I can."
The assassin seemed flabbergasted. "W-w-what am I in? What ever must I do?" he asked desperately.
If Toby had a monocle, he would have adjusted it. "Suck it up and take it like a man, my dear boy. Take it like a man."
Those words ran again and again in Leodinardi's mind until the carriage came to a quaint stop at the Palace of Spirellia, their destination having been reached. With a moment of hesitation, Leo gracefully stepped out of the carriage, cautiously nearing the towering building that lurked in the shadow of the night.
© Copyright 2011 Annabel Crow (hurrgenfloggy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746793-The-Frabjous-Freakazoidz--Chapter-One