*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746892-how-does-your-garden-grow
by poppop
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1746892
a poem about children.
HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?



The wind blows, a seed floats a journey to a place no one knows.

The seed may find its way to inviting, warm and accepting soil.

Soil rich in life giving nurturing, exposure to the light of an all embracing, energy giving sun.



This seed will grow into a beautiful flower.

A flower of compassion, of love, and joy.

A flower to be praised and enjoyed by anyone who crosses its path.



The seed may find its way into hard unforgiving dirt.

Dirt where the simple act of seeking out the simple but necessary needs of life becomes a battle.

Dirt where there is no living, only survival.

There is no joy only grief.



The seed will grow into a  beautiful flower scarred by a battle to survive.

Trampled upon and passed over by those that do not see the beauty.



We can standby and let this beautiful creation shrivel up and cease to exist.

Or we can dig it up and show it a life of nurturing love and inspiration to grow by.

To let it blossom. To share its beauty with all that crosses its path.



Mother, Father, Teacher, Preacher.

How does your garden grow?
© Copyright 2011 poppop (poppopw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746892-how-does-your-garden-grow