*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747344-Understanding-is-the-Solution
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1747344
The philosophy behind Cengiz Dana's new Just Me & Mine ladies' fashion label.
It’s up to us if we want to understand or not. We must understand and love self first. But we can’t love if we’re not good, or if we’re not honest. Those who lack understanding make their lives difficult. What we don’t understand can make us tired and weak. Those people who do understand can see how hard we make our own lives, but they don’t tell us. They think it’s hard for us to hear over the noise of our childhood memories.

When we gain self love then we gain the capacity to love and understand others. This is the next step and it requires empathy. It’s essential that we learn to walk in another person’s shoes and feel their journey and desires. When we learn to do this we are more able to understand why people are who they are, good or bad. Then we choose how we want to relate to them.

Everything that we come to understand makes life better for us and the people around us and keeps us younger. Not understanding causes us to age.

When we learn to be ourselves, we let other good people see us truly as we are. We must learn to listen and to understand our inner voice. God is the feeling that we call Truth within ourselves. Millennia ago those who understood realized this and for better or worse created religion and taboos to do their bidding. In the past there were social systems that used religious war for personal gain either consciously or unconsciously. What happened has happened and being angry will not fix it. With this philosophy we can understand everything. We should speak out about our understanding and create for all of us the chance for a better world. Fashion is one of the pillars of understanding, like music and art.

Fashion is an art and a philosophy.

“Understanding is the solution.”   
© Copyright 2011 Cengiz Dana (marcallum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747344-Understanding-is-the-Solution