*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747412-Ripples-of-Difference
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #1747412
Creating ripples of goodness
Ripples of Difference


A little girl woke up cheerfully, ran to her mother, gave her a bear hug and whispered, "I love you, Mom."  That warm hug made her mother beam with delight and inspired her to sing a favorite love song while doing the chores.

In kindergarten, we have learned this simple rhyme, "Little acts of kindess, little words of love, help to make earth happy and the heaven above."

However, it seems that more and more people tend to forget that it only takes little things to create a difference. It's amazing how a pebble thrown into the sea creates those tiny waves, those ripples.

Just as one little gesture of kindness, of cheerfulness, of goodness touches many and becomes a saving act of love, that favorite love song the mother sang awakened her husband's memory of meaningful moments together, so he went to his work with an unusual joy in his heart,

That stirring of joy in the husband's heart was passed on to his overburned boss and left him hopeful the entire day.

That boss's hope led him to offer a helping hand to an old woman crossing the street.

That helping hand to the old woman made her feel so important, so when she got home, she called a street child and handed him the last bread she had.

That bread which fed the hungry child energized him, made him run to the grocery store, and buy milk for his baby sister from the coins he saved.

That street child's thoughtfulness towards his sister moved his mother and inspired her to give him a warm hug that says, "Thank you and I love you, son."

Indeed, it is our choice to wake up each day and offer one little gesture of love. We'll never know how it might change many lives along the way and create ripples of goodness.    {/b}
© Copyright 2011 Little Flower (loida_ankrom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747412-Ripples-of-Difference