*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748000-The-Potters-Hand
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1748000
An earthen vessel that provides drink to those who thirst
The Potter's Hand


Everything started with a raw, ordinary piece of clay. The Potter gently picked it up, put it in the palm of his hands, breathed on it and formed the block of soft clay with ease and grace. He shaped and reshaped it over and over again. He often wondered what masterpiece would ever come of it.

Each day, the Potter goes to the wheel. He patiently works in his shop and tries to create something good and pleasing in his eyes.  He adds a mixture of colors into the clay, blending them together.  Then one day, to his delight, a wonderful work of art was formed.  From nothing came to life an exquisite water jar, an earthen vessel, so unique in its own way. He called this creation Bubbly.

Bubbly is beautiful.  It becomes a reliable vessel, holding water that quenches the thirst of many. For as long as water flows out of this earthen vessel, it provides drink for those who thirst for meaning, purpose and direction, for serenity and peace, for light and hope, for courage and strength, for unconditional love. Bubbly serves its purpose well. 

Yet in time, cracks begin to appear all over the jar.  The leaks from the cracks cause the water to drain out, leaving Bubbly dried up and empty.  Bubbly knew it could not mend its own cracks, so the Potter came to its rescue. The Potter readily retouched the cracks, and water flowed once more. 

At another time, Bubbly received a terrible blow and was shattered into pieces. Without fail, the Potter tenderly and patiently put the pieces back together, like new. Oftentimes, Bubbly's brokenness brought deep sadness and hopelessness to those who were thirsty, yet the healing touch of the Potter renewed once more, time and again, its life and radiance. Bubbly realized that beauty and perfection were only possible in being whole again, after having once been cracked and broken.

The Potter knew what Bubbly was made of, inside and out. He carefully inspected all its weaknesses, and then transformed them into strengths. Bubbly was always safe and secure in the Potter’s love.

Truly, it is from the Potter's hand that Bubbly's life finds its real meaning and deepest joy.
© Copyright 2011 Little Flower (loida_ankrom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748000-The-Potters-Hand