*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748109-The-Interview-293-words
by bren
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1748109
Flash Fiction Feb 3 entry. The Interview
February 3 Entry - The Interview 293 words

“I can’t be late for this interview” Freddy mumbled as she pulled into traffic. She adjusted her neck pillow, trying to relax from the hectic dash from the office.

Leaving late for lunch, her time was cut so short she had barely been able to pin her unruly curls into a bun. Left down, it gave the impression of a wild party girl, hardly how she wanted to be seen during the interview.

The blare of a horn had her head snapping around. “Geeze!” simultaneously feeling relief and frustration as the car missed her and her hair came loose from the pins and sprang wildly about.

Luckily she found a parking space right in front of the building. “I need my brush and everything will be fine.” It wasn’t in her purse, on the passenger seat, or in the glove compartment.

Trying to settle again, she soothed herself. “It must be here somewhere. I’ll find it, get my hair in control and still be on time to make a good impression.” Her watch, however, told her differently. “Two minutes, no brush, disastrous hair and now it’s raining!”

“Wait. It’s raining!” Smiling she grabbed her purse and jumped from the car. She stood in the rain to the last second then hurried into the building right to the front desk. Drenched, with dripping hair and a little winded, she smiled at the receptionist. “I couldn’t find a nearby parking spot. I’m here for the 12:30 interview, but could I take a minute to dry up a bit first?”

Her grin was smug as she followed the apologetic receptionist to the ladies room where she was able to tame her wet hair into a neat bun before the interview.
© Copyright 2011 bren (bren13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748109-The-Interview-293-words