*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749035-perfect-Scenery-Not-So-Perfect-Day
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1749035
This is a write I did at a local park... enjoy
I see the long, spindly grass. The trees rustle in the light but frequent breeze. The auburn frame of my glasses outline the scene as if it were a photograph framed with dark wood. A mom and her daughter stroll along the edge of the man-made lake. They stop to talk as the nearby swans jump gracefully into the lake behind them. The grass beneath me is itchy. A tickle runs down my arm as a little spider scrambles for safety. When I look behind me, the grass moves in waves with the wind, as if it's saying "hello". I hear a man singing, the wind creates a harmony with his low, snazzy voice. To my right, there is a light purple flower. It doesn't have petals, just little bud-like blooms, growing darker at the tip.
Dry leaves crinkle as I walk, blending with the sounds of blowing paper and water hitting water. It spews elegantly from the seven different spouts.
A lady in a brown top readjusts her hair as she turns to face her mother. Her mother shifts positions nervously. She starts to talk again, looking out across the lake, the daughter's brown hair blows as she takes in the surroundings. I just wanted to get away. She thinks to herself, tuning out her mother's criticism. "I know mom." she continues, now out loud. "I'm just saying that maybe you should think over this decision a little more!" her mom argues persistently as she leans over to tie her shoe. When she finishes, she rests her elbows fecklessly on her knees, head facing down, still looking at the ground. She continues. "I know it seems like I'm running your life but I think I know what's best for you! I mean, I raised you for 32 years!" "I know mom," the daughter replies "And I thank you for that!" she continues, tucking her hair behind her ear. "But I also know what's best for me..."
© Copyright 2011 Lili F. (bookworm98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749035-perfect-Scenery-Not-So-Perfect-Day