*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749148-Novel-outline---Sci-Fi-Alien
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1749148
Science Fiction Novel outline
Novel Outline


Working title: ???

Type of novel best suited to this idea: place and “X” in the selected genre.

___Mainstream (Describe): Realistic fiction – family life
___Category (Genre): check one (or more, if the idea might cross genre lines).
___Romance ___Western ___Fantasy ___Action/Adventure
___Mystery ___Horror _X__Science Fiction
___Other Feel free to type in a different genre if you feel yours is missing. Know what readers want to see in a genre before holding yourself down to it.

(Describe): Earth is nearing extinction from lack of a material within the cores content creating multiple strange phenomenon within the earths inner core, outer core and surface  – start the novel with newspaper headings stating weird occurrences in numerous different countries all over the globe with no apparent pattern what so ever – use terms such as holes forming in the ground - cars plummet into the earth without warning injuring dozens and killing hundreds
Mr. Randerhand was sitting in lazy boy last Tuesday night watching his favorite bass fishing show, when all of a sudden; he hears a loud noise and the earth shakes. He walks to the door and opens it, he walks out to his front porch and suddenly gets picked up by an enormous wave and ends up floating down the creek with his and all of his neighbors.  Everyone’s houses are in pieces and floating along side of them as well – The Whitehouse’s grounds has been declared off limits to all government and all other personnel - President Obama walked out his back door, looked in the back yard, and saw two large holes in the ground the size of football fields.  A reporter was able to sneak past security and ask Obama what they looked like, he replied “it’s like there was nothing there.  Nothing to stop the hole from getting bigger, the hole just consumed everything in its path
After scientific teams had the chance to examine the earth’s deterioration, they found that within the earth’s inner and outer core there is a material called ???? that is required for the earth to remain held together.  For whatever reason, the material has been withdrawn from the earth mysteriously. After a long and extensive search throughout space, nasa has located the material.  A team of scientists must travel to the outer rings (located after the asteroid belt beyond Jupiter and so on) and must remain in a deep sleep – cryogenics – due to the length of the travel.  The teams on earth make arch like areas large enough to store cities within the mountains and caves throughout the world and take care of the women and children and insure that education of all kinds is important.  Other areas of teaching are fighting, survival skills, culinary, trades, electrician, etc…  The caves / cities are much like the arcs with mosses.  This is all prepared while the science teams collect the material in space. 


When they awake from the long journey -28 years they are 1 week from where the material is located – during that time, they find through a communication that was sent 10 years ago while they were in cryogenic sleep, that tells them that earth has been under attack by an alien race – the aliens were aware of earth’s problem with their resources and waited undetected and close by until they watched us launch into space to retrieve the materials.  They waited because they somehow knew that the smartest and brightest people were on the shuttles going to the outer rings. 
Scientists on Earth was able to transmit a sample of the alien to the shuttle -  during the next week while they wait to retrieve the material, they can perform tests on the alien info. and try to find their weakness.  Kill numbers in major cities of the world - Earth sends all info, on the creatures but don’t have time to analyze or to find a weakness – they must do it on board while obtaining the material in the outer rings? – They must work fast enough and find out how to beat them prior to entering earth’s atmosphere. 

Aliens (come up with cool name) - The aliens must feed every 12 hours – if not, they turn to dust.  They feed upon humans by taking their automaticity (voltage from heart) and using its current to drive their bodies.  Smart – analyzing the alien  - describe the alien’s genetic makeup research genetic make ups online and use common phrases to ensure some intelligence of the subject – describe its weakness – and how they can diploid it – kill it – they send communications after using their computer equipment to analyze the alien, and transmit how to kill them back to earth that way they can hit them on the way to earth and on earth as well.

Back to the shuttle and the one-week is up.  They are about to see where the material is and how they can extract it - Their one week travel after hyper sleep is up and they are near the material needed to save the earth’s ????????  All calculations are made to kill the aliens and is almost ready to be transmitted when…

Dozens of large space ships appear surrounding them undetected by radar.  The ships are the same as the one ship that earth sent them the image on.  On earth, the ship waited till the shuttle left, then attacked.  Ironically enough, the material is within the vicinity of the ship / on top of it - ****  it occurs to the captain ???  This explains why they are low in the material ????? on earth.  The alien nation apparently needs the material as well.  The aliens have the ability to teleport the material from our earths inner core, leaving our planet to develop sink holes every other minute – the aliens are teleporting the material from the earth, to their ship located at earth, to another ship 28 light years away where earths shuttle is currently located – from their, they are disbursing it into space at a slow pace and in small quantities to ensure there will be no interference or destruction of their ships or other space materials that may cause travel problems throughout space.  Captain ??????,  sits with every piece of material and information on the aliens and their location and habits, to study them and figure out who they are and what they are doing and why.  Captain finds out that the aliens are actually digging holes within the earth in order to make underground dwellings to live within maybe.  There must be a reason for them wanting to be underground – Captain thinks it maybe due to the coldness, light, texture of the soil, foods, drink / water below the earth so they might dig to the wells, etc…

No one has ever been close enough to see the aliens, hear the aliens, smell them, touch them or sense anything about them at all.  Captain ?????? sends a one man shuttle within one mile from one of the aliens ships to see how the aliens react.  Describe the event fully in big detail – after results, all is known and the shuttle commander saw and heard a vampire like creature, etc……………….
The captains thoughts are (they sit around the table – all of the officers say what’s in their mind and the scientists report their findings, and so on.

The commander of the shuttle that flew by the alien craft said that he could actually hear a thought and it wasn’t his.  He says, “They want to take the world… That’s why they had to move from where they were, the buffet ran out, we’re next guys…

Captain comes up with plan to test the ships in the outer rings on items and substances that may hurt the aliens then send the info to earth – Describe - the battle of The VAMPS VS HUMANS detail the hits, the insides ooosing through space, how blood freezes when the body is taken from an earth like climate to space, it freezes, explodes, etc………………

*Inlove*
This is what I have thus far.  The names and individual goals will come when I start to write.  The characters will develop on their own within time.  Let me know what you think of the story idea.  Thank you...*BigSmile*



Main Characters (list only up to three major characters)

Character #1—the protagonist (the hero or heroine of this story)

Name:

Primary Goal:

Most notable personality trait(s):

Character #2—the antagonist (the main “opposition” character)

Name:

Primary Goal:

Most notable personality trait(s):

Relationship to protagonist:

Character #3—a major supporting character

Name:

Primary Goal:

Most notable personality trait(s):

Relationship to protagonist:

Setting(s) (If your novel has multiple settings, list only the two main ones)

Setting #1:

Time frame:


Reason for using this setting:



Setting #2:

Time frame:

Reason for using this setting:




Create a small synopsis of your initial idea that you have for a novel to develop you idea with.


What is the main complication of the story (the central problem that must be solved by the main character)?


What are the primary obstacles preventing the main character from achieving his or her goal?


How is the story resolved for the main characters (how does it end)?


Take the rest of this page to summarize in present-tense narrative, your story idea.

© Copyright 2011 William Bailey (wbailey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749148-Novel-outline---Sci-Fi-Alien