*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749323-King-of-the-Courty
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1749323
What can you do when you need to find a husband?
King of the Country



Once upon a time in a faraway place lives a princess. She is a lovely princess. She has long hair and bright pretty eyes. She stands about 5’3”. Her name is Summer. She knows she is pretty but she never let people knows that she knows.

One day her mother calls her into her room. She tells her that pretty soon she is going to die. She will become queen then she needs to has a husband.

“Who should I marry?” she asks.

“There is a couple of men here in the palace but if you wants to go out to the city and looks, you can,” her mother says.

So she packs her things and gets ready for a trip outside of the city. On her way she sees a very funny man. He has on a pair of placid pant and a stripe shirt. It makes her laugh until her stomach hurt. But she keeps on her way.

She gets to the bus station. The lines is very long. She has to wait an hour until she gets to the teller. She orders a bus ticket to New York. She waits in line for the bus to arrives.

While the bus was coming, a young woman with five bags, and one of her suitcase open and all of her stuffs falls on the floor. Everyone in the bus station turns around. Money is coming out and coins is rolling all over the station. The security guard helps her put her clothes in the suitcase and tries to help her get all her changes back. One young child laughs at the lady.

The bus pulls inside the station. People gets on the bus. She grabs her bag and gets on the bus. She gets a seat by the window. She looks out the window at the station and hoping soon she would gets a husband. As the bus pulls out the station that is all on her mind is searching for a handsome fellow.

The bus ride takes 4 hours. Her legs is cramp all during the ride. She gets up and gets off the bus for to get her bag. This is the Big Apple. Everyone says that you can finds a husband.

First she is going to gets to a hotel to gets her a room. Then she is going to either orders in or go to a fancy place to eat. She hears there is some good hotels near the bus station. She will has to asks one of the store workers to finds out.

She gets a good hotel about two blocks away. The man who is behind the desk greets her nicely.

“May I help you,” the man says.

“I will like a room for a week. If tha'st possible?” she tells him.

“Sure I can. Can I show you one?” he says.

She thanks him and follows to where he is going. It is a nice room with a bed, a nice dresser and a little coffee table with a telephone. She tells him that she thinks she will enjoy it here. It is a nice room with a bed, a nice dresser, and a little coffee table with a telephone.

They makes the arrangement at the desk and she goes upstairs to rest. After a couple of hours she calls for room service. She thinks she will go outside the next day. She got her little radio out of her suitcase and fells asleep. The next day she wakse up at 6:30am.

She gets up, washes, and dresses. She founds a neat little corner restaurant right across the street. She orders breakfast of bacon and eggs. As she sat and waits for her order, this fine man walks in the restuarant. She looks at him and blush.

He orders a sandwich and coffee, and sits down two tables away. Her foods arrive and she digs in it. She didn’t notices when he comes over to her table.

“Hi,” he says happily.

“Hi,” she looks up at him and smiles.

“My name is Nick,” he says to her.

“Hi,” she says again, “My name is Summer.”

“Can I sit with you this fine morning?” he asks her.

“Okay,” she answers.

“Okay is all I gets,” he says as he goes to gets his plate and coffee from the other table.

“Did you see the headlines this morning?” he starts asking her.

“No! I only am visiting here,” she tells him.

“Oh, they’re awful. One little baby gets shot,” he tells her waving his hand in the air.

“What is this world coming to that you can even see your little child grow up?” she asks him.

He looks at her and asks her, “Would you like to go out with me?”

“I should give you my number. Call me tonight, I’m about to leave?” Summer writes her number to the hotel on the napkin and he writes his number down. She hands the napkin to Nick and Nick gives her, his number and leaves.

“As Summer is going to the hotel she keeps promising that she was going to calsl her mother and let her know she meets a man name Nick. She went in her bag to get her cell phone. Someone knocks on the door and says, “There's a fire on the next floor. Hurry! Get out of here.”

Summer was devastates she didn’t know what to do at first. She grabs her pocketbook and runs for the stairs. Other people is running down the stairs. As they were going outside the fire trucks is coming. Everyone is looking at the building. It seem like the whole third floor is on fire.

The firemen rushes inside the building and puts out the fire. Summer though that she is lucky because she is on the second floor. After the fire is put out, everyone is asks to gets whatever they has and is locates to another hotel.

She calls her mother and tells her what happen. Her mother asks all kinds of questions and is worry if she is alright. Her mother tries to tells her to come home but she will not have it. After she hangs up she remembers that she is calling to tells her mother she has meets a man.

She knows that she probably will not meet that man again. The next morning she gets up to goes to the mall. She didn’t know the direction so she takes a taxi. It takes about a half an hour but she knows that the taxi driver is taking his time.

She buys her some clothes and some shoes. She than decides to go to one of the fast food station for a bite to eat. She orders some chicken and a soda. She lays her bags on the seat next to her.

The restaurant is crowded so this gentleman comes over to her to asks for the seat next to her. She picks up her bags and tells him he can has that seat. She puts her bags under the table next to her feet. They exchanges greeting and he tells her that his name is Jack. As Jack is eating he tells Summer about one of his dreams.

He dreams that some lady and a gentleman is playing with firecrackers. The lady places a fire cracker in her child's ear and the man lits the fire cracker. It goes off and the little child scream. It gaves the child a little brain damage.

“That is awful. Do you know what dreams like that means?” Summer asks him.

“No, I just dreams them. I’m lucky it is just a dream,” he tells Summer.

They finishes their food and leaves. He asks her if she wants to take in a movie. She says sure. They goes to see the movie ‘SALT’. They eats popcorn together and drinks soda. After the movie he tells her out to dinner. They enjoys themselves and he takes her to the hotel that she is staying at. He tells her maybe they will do it again soon. He gets the hotel number and leaves.

She goes to her room and lays across the bed. He is a nice gentleman and she hopes she will see him again, she says to herself. She calls her mother and tells her about the date. Her mother says that is great maybe you will marry him. Summer laughes and says oh mother you’re something. Her mother laughes and she tells her good night.

In one week she already meets 2 men. That’s good. She tells her that she will write it down. She gets her ready for a good night sleep. After she takes a shower she puts on her night gown and walks over to the bed. The sheet was crisp white sheet and they smells good too.

She gets in the bed and pulls the cover over her. It isn’t a cold night but she like being snuggles warm under a cover. It was about 9:00pm as she drifts off to sleep. Summer wakes up to the sounds of birds chirping at the window sill.

She gets out of bed pulls the cover over the sheets and goes to the bathroom. After she takes a shower she gets dress in a pair of jean and a purple shirt. She calls for room service to orders breakfast.

She eats breakfast and prepares to go to the mall. Once she got to the mall she just goes crazy. She has so many bags she couldn’t carry them all. She goes stumping all over the place. This guy finally gives up and asks her did she needs any help. She tells him yes. He tells her he has a car and could he drives her home. She tells him she is staying at the Gemini Hotel.

He puts all her bags in the trunk of his car and opens the car door for her. She gets in the car and he gets in the driver’s seat. He starts the car and pulls out in traffic. He tells her his name is Ralph. She tells him her name is Summer.

They gets in a conversation about the weather. It is a nice day and the weather feels good. The traffic starts getting heavy and Summer didn’t know what to do what her hands. They is stuck in traffic for a while. After the traffic starts moving Ralph lean over and gives Summer a kiss. Summer is shock.

She tells Ralph that she isn’t that kind of woman. She has to get to know him first. Ralph pulls up to the Gemini Hotel and helps Summer to the elevator. Ralph gives Summer his phone number and tells her to calls him. Summer gets her bags in her room. She calls her mother and tells her about Ralph.

They talk a while about the 3 men she meets. She tells her mother that she has the phone numbers to all three men but she is not sure who she wants to be her husband. She talks to her mother about the palace and all the things she will be doing when she becomes queen.

After she hangs up, she combs her hair and thinks about the 3 men she meets. She decides to calls Jack. Jack answers the phone. They plans to go out this Friday. Since it is only Wednesday, Summer decides to takes the boat to see the Statue of Liberty. It is a nice trip. Summer takes the tour and enjoys the day. There is a lot of people there. The tour takes about 4 hours. Afterward she enjoys the ride back to the hotel. She washes her hair and since she eats the lunch and snack at the Statue of Liberty, she isn’t hungry.

It is Friday and Summer puts on a dress with black flowers and green stems. The dress comes down to her ankle and has thin straps. Her hair is done. Jack comes over and taks them to a nearby restaurant. It was a quiet restaurant. There is candles lits on every table.

Jack orders dinner for the both of them. Jack has a steak dinner and Summer has a chicken dinner. They both has white wine. There is smoothing music playing. They has a little conversation between them. The evening goes well and he kisses her good night at the hotel door.

She calls Nick and they makes a date to go bowling Saturday. They walks in the bowling alley, orders bowling shoes, and a bowling alley. They is having so much fun bowling. The night goes well. Nick takes Summer to the hotel after they has a night of bowling.

On Sunday Ralph and Summer goes to church. The sermon is about the loves of Jesus and after church Summer and Ralph goes to a late lunch. Then Ralph drives Summer to the hotel. Summer has to decides who she really wants to takes back to her country to becomes King.

She decides on Jack. She calls Jack and explains to him that she is becoming queen of her country and will he likes to become King. Jack accepts the position and he goes back to her country with Summer. Jack meets Summer’s mother and she soon died. Jack marries Summer and he becomes King of her country.

© Copyright 2011 Tweety Byrd (darnell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749323-King-of-the-Courty