*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749865-So-Cold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #1749865
Caring for someone more than they care is so painful.
The loud drums that clambered up to my chamber of thought seeped out to follow you. Your piercing gaze speared right through me. I could not catch your arrow. You use the warm words that I made up, to comfort my weak heart. When I hold you with all my love, why is it so cold? My sweet desire for your yearn will always linger. The vanishing waves of your bored eyes stopped looking. I am now but a ghost in your present, one you cannot seem to see as I scream in heart wrenching agony. Yet you cannot hear my cries as you laugh adoringly with your beloved ones you hold dear. I use the words that I made up, you hear, you listen, you forget. Your scent is still fresh in my hungry mind, mine carried by the cold wind in yours. I shiver when you embrace me, with those arms you claim to be loving. Your dark hair is moved by a breeze not mine. I am so close yet so far. Your fingers loosen when I tighten. Your soul brightens while my heart dies. You have injected your venom into me, but you won't offer me your cure. I am now at your mercy, but you're in sweet bliss, ignorance in harmony as an angel weeps for my sympathy. My wings won't let me fly away, my feathers lost, as you take them one by one, to write the words I made up, in the painful cold.
© Copyright 2011 Nathaniel (oitsnathaniel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749865-So-Cold