*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750693-The-haunting-of-Skull-Lake-ch1-part1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Dark · #1750693
i know i have grammar issues but this is just to get my ideas out there
June 30th, 1998

It was a dark and stormy night best friends Sarah and Alex were walking along Skull Lake. It was a regular night aside from the storm. Alex’s parents called her cell phone to tell her it was time to come home, but there was no answer. They tried again ten minutes later, but still no answer. Then they called the police to go looking for her(they didn’t know she was at Skull Lake),when the police finally arrived they heard a blood curdling scream they ran over to where the screams came from. There in Skull Lake was Alex’s body in the lake. floating. Sarah was still in shock after what had just happened didn’t realize she had sever head injury and was not bereaving. They rushed both girls to County Medical hospital. What they feared came true for Alex. Her faunal was later that week. Sarah survived with only slight head trauma and got asthma as a factor to her not breathing. She had to stay in bed for what seemed like the rest of the summer. But that wasn’t the end… it was only the beginning.

Chapter 1 The beginning
September 3rd,1998


“Sarah time for school.” you could here Mom say from downstairs in the kitchen.
“Wow school orderly it seamed like the summer just started.” Sarah said to herself. Sarah was almost glad to be going back to school, but then remembering all of what happened to Alex she became slowly less glad as the morning went on.
“what are you doing Sarah?”
“What oh I was just... Um nothing Katie.”
“…Ok Dad’s taking us to school so if you want a ride you should hurry up.”
“that’s Ok I’m walking with my friends to school remember…I’m in high school I cant have everyone at school see me getting dropped off in my dad’s old 65 van.”
“Yeah on second thought I’m walking too.”
“Not with me! You have your own friends!”
“like I’d ever walk with you. I have a reparation to keep up remember.” My sister said in her childish tone.
“Haha, you have a reputation. Since when?”
“Since I Jimmy Smith’s ass kicked in second grade, what a nerd.”
“Well whatever I got to go don’t want to be late for my first day of junior year.”
“Yea that wouldn’t be good. See ya at home.”
“OK bye Katie have fun in what are you in now…in fifth grade.”
“No eighth you retard, bye” I quickly shoved a picture of Alex and i back into my closet. I miss you Alex i said to myself. She was my bestfriend and now she was dead. All summer i didnt have to face the reality of her death, but now going to school i knew it would set in. Not having here there with me as i went to prom. As i dealt with drama and the popular bitches in school. God this year is going to be hard.
As I got ready for school making sure that i had all my books and locker things. Katie went to met up with Emily on the way to school and I was to meet Megan at the coffee shop for a quick donut and cappuccino before school started and what could just be the third worst day of my life.
As I walked into the coffee shop looking for something that resembled my best friend, I was dumbfounded that I couldn’t find her when I heard someone call my name out.
“Sara. Sara!” Megan shrieked from the excitement of not seeing me since July 4rd at Mike’s fourth of July party. “Over here!” she yelled again. I started walking toward the direction of my friend when I saw a penny on the ground. I went to pick it up, it was tails side up. I picked it up and flipped it in my hand. Tails. I flipped it once more, tails again. With my excitement of just finding a penny(hey if you collect every penny you find think of all the money you’ll have)I reluctantly shoved the penny into my pocket along with my still ringing cell phone.
“What did you do to your hair? I didn’t even recognize you.”
“I had it cut and colored, don’t you just love it!” Megan replied
‘Yeah I do it looks nice on you.” I said sounding more enthusiastically than I really felt.
“I got your cappuccino at the counter waiting for you if you want it”
“Decaf?” I asked although I orderly knew the answer.
“Yes, like you have to ask.” Megan said in her im your best friend I know everything about you tone, if she only knew. I walked over to the counter and grabbed my cappuccino took the top off it and looked inside sure enough there was four mini marshmallows just the way I like it. I went to reach out and grab by cappuccino when it was grabbed from my reach. I looked up to see who grabbed my cappuccino cause right about now I wasent in the mood. And there was the cappuccino malefactor.
“Hello Zack,” I said in my most unhappyist voice ever.
“Sara. What are you doing here?” As if it wasent obvious, but I guess he was just trying to make small talk so I gave in.
“Just getting some breakfast before school starts. you? I asked.
“Well as you can tell from the apron im working here now.” Zack said in his cocky guy voice.
“Oh that’s cool. As just a summer job or like from now on?”
“From now on. He said “So I guess that means ill be seeing you more often now considering you buy your coffee from here.”
“I guess your right.” My voice getting slightly flirty as I said it and as much as I hated admitting it to my self I wasent over him. I loved the way his black hair fell over his ears. The way his green eyes looked at me. The way his tan skin was glowing. That cocky smile he kept flashing me.
“So… hows your summer been. I havent seen you since Mikes fourth of July party.” The very party where we both had a little to much to drink and we hooked up. And we havent spoken since.
“My summer…” I said as more a question than a statement. Well I sure as hell wasent going to tell him about Alex. Or anyone for that matter. No one needed to know yet about what happened. “ My summer was good.” I said trying to find a way to end that, but came up with nothing better to say than good. “How was yours?“ I asked
“Pretty good. I got a job, license and a new car.”
“That’s good. Well I got to get going, don’t want to be late first day of junior year.” and right as I was about to grab my cappuccino and leave with Megan when Zack grabbed my hand. Stared straight into my eyes and said in the most sincere voice I ever heard said “I missed you Sara. A lot.”
“I missed you too.” knowing In my heart that it was true. Knowing in my brain that I shouldn’t. And this time as I was trying to leave I grabbed my cappuccino, but nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. Zack kissed my cheek and I didn’t want him to stop. I just wanted to stay there forever and let him keep kissing me, but I knew I had to go. We said goodbye and I hurried out of the coffee shop so fast that I ran into a older man.
“Opps im sorry.” I said as I looked up. The man was gone. like he’d never been there in the first place. frantically looking around for a older man to prove to myself that I wasent going crazy Magan came up behind me and startled me.
“Holy shit! Megan don’t scare me like that.”
“ Sorry. What are you looking for?”
“ This old man, I ran into him then he like disappeared”
“Sara…” Megan said sounding concerned. “We’re the only people on the block. there was never a old man.”
“Oh, I must have been seeing things then.” I knew then that I wasent seeing things. That I wasent crazy. I saw a man. I was sure of it.
“Ya so anyway what was that about?”
“What was what about?“ I asked.
“Don’t play dumb. You and Zack. He was totally into you.”
“Ya.”
“And you were into him too, don’t pretend you werent I could see that you were.”
“Ok what if I was its not illegal to like someone.” feeling a little invaded by Megan spying on my conversation with Zack.
“You should ask him out. He doesnt have a girlfriend and you two would make a cute couple.” That wasent the case last time Zack and i talked. He had been going out with one of my ex friends. I hated her so much. She knew i lived Zack since i was like eight but that blonde Barbie bitch still went out with him.
“You know what i might.” I said getting slightly happier.
© Copyright 2011 rockchick1021 (rockchick1021 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750693-The-haunting-of-Skull-Lake-ch1-part1