*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752090-Hrith-1-Skirmish-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1752090
This is my first bit of the story, Hrith is under attack from the evil, Galborn!!!
Hrith 1: Skirmish

Prologue: The Fall of Hrith

Org city fell silent, as if waiting for something. Shull brandishing blades of steal leaped out of boats and streamed into the city. Horns glistening white they ran, the sound of the heavy boots echoed throughout the city.
Suddenly the lead shull screamed in pane as an arrow struck his torso, he screamed louder and the earth shook with the horror- filled bellow! His ugly face grew pale and he fell to the ground limp and lifeless. Streams of men holding swords poured out of the buildings! And so the war raged on!
“Six weeks since the king died and still we are in mid battle, the Shull have tripled in numbers and I am afraid that we will not be able to retake the city and win this skirmish”! Six lords assembled around a large table including a small man with a black beard of which covered most of his face. A large young warlock entered the room his red cape billowing behind him, his face was a pale color and he stood taller than all the men in the room, a large blade rested on his hip and on his shoulder rested a golden quiver.
“If this is so”, he said with a foul smile upon his lips “Then let me lead the army and rid yourself of the torment, I have had more experience”. “Galborn I must protest” The lord was silenced as Galborn glowered at him! “I prince Stance accept this proposal”, replied the prince “I will take up your position in the army happily”!
Shull ran through the street and as prince stance readied himself to attack the invaders, three of Galborn’s men drew their swords and advanced upon him. Suddenly the prince jumped up and sliced through the heart of one of the assassins, the man fell to the ground dead! The other two stood over him a bitter smile upon their lips, they leaped parrying one of the swords he felt an agonizing pain in the back of his neck! He groaned and fell to the ground, he was dead!
As he watched Galborn smiled!
Galborn paced the upper reaches of the castle determined to win the throne himself! Six guards ran through the hall carrying three men one dead! A lord hurried through the hall after them his face grim and sad, he glanced at Galborn and tilted his head slightly making it apparent that he wanted him to follow him. “Prince Stance was assassinated by these men an hour ago, his funeral will be tomorrow and I am going to see if I can find out who hired these blood-thirsty mongrels”! “I will talk to them for you for I know you have much to do” replied Galborn “Thank you, you can do that now”. He left at a hurried pace to a door to the right!
Three men slouched against the wall, one dead. Galborn laughed
“You did it friends you did, but of course you had to be found out didn’t you? So now I have no choice but to sentence you to death for murder”! He raised his head and with a heart pounding voice chanted “, I Galborn Sanquordinae sentence you to a hanging on the next day of this year and century”! He turned to leave and one man started to complain he kicked the man between the ribs and the man yelped in agony and Galborn left the room.

***

The drums pounded six times and the two men who had survived the assassination hang from ropes and as the sixth beat softened out of existence the dead bodies were lowered and put onto a fire to burn their remains from existence. For the next few minutes they listened to the song of sorrow and Stance was put to the grave! Now was the time! Galborn stood, his cape billowing behind his large muscular body! “We have buried Stance and now all of that family is dead we must chose a new king, I put my name down to be elected”! Soon the opposition had been depleted and he had won! Once he was crowned with the wealth of power and was alone he laughed high and horridly and then stormed to his quarters!

***
The city was swarming with activity as Galborn shouted orders and Shull marched towards the city, blood shed was near and this was the biggest battle they had ever had to prepare for!
The gates crashed to the ground and a host greeted them with black feathered arrows, running over there fallen comrades the shull advanced upon the men, the men drew their swords and ran towards the opponent! Those men all died and once that had finished the Shull ran deeper into the city. Hundreds of men, women and children were killed; suddenly horse riders rode through the street towards the shull. A mace whirled around and smashed a head into pieces, swords smashed targets and it was turned ill as arrows hit and killed the riders. The battle was ill for all the men of Hrith and for hours they battled. A thick wall of men held together by six lines of archers gathered in all the streets of org! Arrows flew everywhere striking thousands of Shull dead, the archer ran into houses as the cavalry charged down the streets followed by the rest of the army. The Shull could not withstand the power of the army of Hrith and lost the battle.
A week later warnings sprouted up everywhere of the Shull getting more men and preparing for battle and to avoid more blood shed Galborn got the people to leave. Men and women bundled up their possessions and got on board the ships and prepared to leave.

As the ships left the harbor the land on which they had lived on vanished.
Leaving behind nothing but the people who were staying behind.
Then the land of Hrith vanished into all but mist…





* * *
© Copyright 2011 TechnoGeek (olimarwil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752090-Hrith-1-Skirmish-Prologue