*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752093-Hrith-1-Skirmish-Chapter-1-The-King
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1752093
The Third Installment of the first Hrith book!!!
Chapter 2: The King

They walked threw an enormous hall guarded by many red clad soldiers, huge golden pillars rose to the ceiling of the dome shaped hall. The escort then broke of to the left into a small passageway that ended with an enormous door with twenty guards standing stationary outside. A man with a very grim expression greeted them at the door, told the guards to go back to there station, then turned, opened the door and strode in.
The hall was huge, completely huge, with its high ceiling and beautiful carvings, marble floor, stain glass windows, enormous, strong pillars, it was the most beautiful thing Fendor had ever seen! At the end of the hall was a wonderful chair it had carvings of amazing animals, seens of huge battles and had a strong sense of beauty about it. The man with the white robe and the grim expression then chanted, “My lord Galborn, Osnath has returned followed by a strange boy and Enchon, they have come for your council”. Then came a low rumbling but amazing voice,”Keep them there, I am coming”! In strode a tall man with very broad shoulders, he had a strange air around him, he was incredibly hansom but he was old, oh so very old and cruel, but had a very large amount of authority with him and hansom as he was he was the most cruel and awful king that the entire world will ever see! But now he was cheerful, not grim as he usually was, he had a very murderous atmosphere and he looked amazingly happy but you could see right threw that smiling face into a void of death and evil. “My dear friend I was wondering if you would ever get back and if I would have to search you out and hang you for your crime”! “Save that till later Galborn I have the boy but before I let him go with you I must know what you are going to do with him and if it is for good or if your going to turn him into a hateful man like you, a powerful criminal like you and of course if your just going to kill him to get him out of the way” Osnath replied coolly, looking around happily to see if anyone else was in the room, while Enchon was gripping his spear tightly and looking very worried. But suddenly Galborn was looking raged and in not a happy mood as before and then he said, trying to sound cool,” That is my business and my business alone Osnath, I will deal with you later dead man”, “You leave him alone or you will have me to deal with and a beast you do not want to have trouble with”, Enchon yelled at the top of his voice! Then Osnath spoke again,” Simmer down boy, don’t be a fool, let us talk over this like civilized people”! Everyone looked around the room, the man with the grim expression had long since left and they were the only ones in the room. “On our way we encountered some Dunongs that tried to kill us; luckily we fended them off with the help of Ashtocen and magic”! Said Fendor! “Magic, how dare you, you’ve been practicing magic behind my back and now you’re looking for an explanation from me”! “Well we are actually and I would like to know why they were bearing the crest of Galborn, the elves will want to hear of it and if you are planning to begin an even bigger invasion than we will stop you instantly”! Yelled Enchon angrily, now gripping his spear so tight that it was beginning to splinter. “I can’t believe this, my men are saying that my rein has been one of tyranny”, Galborn muttered, and then he shouted again “You can’t do that it is completely ridiculous, if you are going to attack me and take the throne for the elves you will die”! “Galborn, you must remember the agreement we made three hundred years ago when you first set foot on this land! You remember the truce after the number of attacks were made that we put on ourselves, the realization that this continent is not just for the elves and not just for the men, women and children of Hrith, you remember the parley that we would work our lives well with neither side turning into conflict, that we can work together in harmony”! “ I am not disobeying those laws all I am saying is that you are TRYING TO MAKE ME BREAK THEM RIGHT NOW! This is what is happening and I will not allow it to happen again ok”? Galborn glowered at them, his evil eye flickering open and shut, open and shut nastily. “Galborn you will be stopped in your evil and shut up far from here”! “What”, Galborn yelled,” Thi’, this is ridiculous, guards seize them”! With that many guards ran into the room holding swards and spears high, they ran in accompanied by a guy that was drunk and holding a bottle of beer! “Ashtocen en ton” Fendor yelled as a soldier threw a spear at him and he had to duck to stop him from being killed!
A couple of leagues west a mighty dragon heard this cry, he awoke suddenly pulled down his wings and prepared to take flight and make his presence known. He gathered up his wings and took flight, the wind whistled against ashtocen’s face he swallowed some air and plunged down into the ceiling of the hall!
Osnath slashed against a mans breast, the man fell quivering onto his knees, the man groaned in pain as he was sliced again and entered the void! Enchor jabbed out, wounding the man but this time Enchor didn’t finish him, it was a stone crashing down on the man killing him instantly, they all looked up to see this looming creature hovering above the hole in the ceiling. A soldier tried to flee but after a few steps a brick smashed his arm, he dropped his sword, got hit by Ashtocen, he stumbled and was hit on his head by a brick and he lay motionless. The king rose in horror to look at the mighty dragon, he shouted orders and hundreds more men came thundering in. Fendor struck out with his foot, the soldier staggered back and then fell dead as a sword cut deep into him. He felt a piercing pain on his soldier and turned to see Galborn there about to kill him!
The man in white had been wandering the castle for the last hour as Galborn had been talking when he heard a cry for aid. He ran threw the castle trying to get back to the hall as quickly as he could but was interrupted by a guard wanting to be paid. The man turned quickly, drew his sword and killed the guard and continued on, gathering men as he went along.
Fendor ducked as Galborn struck out but received a nasty cut along his cheek. He moved again to dodge the sword and was unharmed, but Galborn was to fast, the sword struck out again and this time hit its mark. Fendor squinted in pain and screamed in agony but it didn’t help, he was dieing fast. But then a tall man stepped in front of him, Osnath swung his sword and hit Galborn’s sword out of the way. “Even if you do stop me from killing him, he is already dieing so how about we just end this now and let me kill him, you are all going to die”! “This will not happen” and their swords met in a clang. But Fendor didn’t see much more of their battle because he was being pulled back along the floor and shoved against the wall and then there was a point of a sword on his neck. Fendor kicked the soldier smashing the soldiers grind and driving the man onto the ground in pain and then the man shoved his sword threw Fendor’s leg and driving enormous agony into Fendor. But Fendor struck out and killed the soldier, he rose and staggered back towards the battle and saw Galborn struggling to his feet and Osnath hurrying towards him, “Follow me, quick”, he yelled! Fendor followed and was swallowed by the battle again, he dived under swords and killed a soldier and then ran to Osnath and Enchon they started to smash out towards the doors breaking peoples bones and killing many Osnath opened the door and they all ran out into the hallway.
© Copyright 2011 TechnoGeek (olimarwil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752093-Hrith-1-Skirmish-Chapter-1-The-King