*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752301-Mine---Chosen-one
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1752301
Wherein Mahoko's class gets a new transfer student.
This is my first story so don't kill me! Thanks so much for reading! This is the prologue, I'll add more when I feel like it!


"It's finally resurfaced," the boy grinned slightly, exerting mixed feelings of happiness and sadness. His eyes shot open, revealing their crimson color. The boy wore a long black cloak obviously too big for him. His hair, or what could be seen of it, was short and flaming red. He appeared to be wearing a tight red bodysuit from what was visible of his arms and legs. He looked young, maybe thirteen. A turtle inched closer hugging the floor.

"Akio! I found it," another boy panted as he rushed into the room, an exact clone except for the theme color was brown. The new boy seemed to be hurried and excited, as if he had just found a present that was either a bomb or a million dollars. The turtle scurried out from beneath his feet, still unnoticed.

"I sensed it too. You need to calm down or we can't do anything about it, Hideyaki," Akio replied nonchalantly, looking up from his meditative position on the floor of the room.

The room itself was shaking in anticipation, mostly due to the atmosphere between the two boys. They were speaking over the wind, which howled through the entryway as their location shifted positions once more. The turtle fell over and took a while to right itself.

As the turtle regained its position, it took in its surroundings. They were in some sort of wolf den. There was straw and dry grass littered across the floor and some meat stacked in the corner for stormy weather. Contrary to most ideas, the cave had a smooth ceiling with no stalagmites. Outside, the turtle could just make out a few rocky crags jutting out of the surface of a mountain. She scuttled deeper into the warmth of shelter, noting as she went that the cave was a little warmer than average.

"When do we leave?" Hideyaki asked, his voice emanating passion.

"How long will it take for the pack to assemble?"

"Kazumi, Akira and Takanori are out hunting, and Shiro and Minoru are hibernating up north."

"Why, exactly, are Minoru and Shiro hibernating in the middle of the summer?"

"He said he was sleepy, and it is winter where he is…"

"Just how far up north are they?" Akio facepalmed. " So we're the only ones, huh? Then we leave now," Akio spoke with such certainty, that the turtle squeaked in surprise. It crawled as quickly as it could, which was surprisingly quite fast.

"Yumi, when will you learn that you can't stop us?" Akio smirked.

The turtle turned halfway and suddenly morphed into a young girl about high school age.

"When you learn that Mine is far more powerful than your pack," she hissed venomously.

"The pack is unsurpassable. Mine is scum," Akio snarled in return. "Be gone."

The girl disappeared. Akio turned back to Hideyaki as he stood up from his cross-legged position on the ground.

"Where is it this time?"

"The forbidden city."

"Curses! Why did it have to be there? What's it called these days anyway?"

"I think it's…" Hideyaki paused in thought. He looked perplexed.

"Tokyo."


This is where I start hearing the Darth Vader theme song... Mine is a nam pronounced Mee-nay. Thanks for reading! Please R&R!

Here's the next chappie!

"We 'ave a transfer student, class," Sato-sensei drawled in a bored voice as an average looking boy walked in.

"Takahashi-kun? Would ya like ta introduce ya self?" The boy took a step forwards as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Takahashi Hayate," he bowed smoothly.

Mahoko stared, studying him as he sat down in the empty desk next to her. He looked perfectly average, like someone had taken all of Japan and thrown it in a mixing bowl. It reminded her of a robot, every part machine manufactured. He had black hair, fair skin, and he was of average height, and it looked like average weight. The only thing different about him was his left eye. It was gray, almost silver, and she wondered if it was possible that he- no, that wouldn't happen at school, would it?

Meanwhile, the girl sitting across from her was admiring her deduction. Takahashi-kun? She snorted. As usual, Mine-dono was right, she thought. Human? This "Takahashi-kun" was nothing near human. What did Haku think he was doing here anyway? If he did one thing around Mine-dono… he was going down.

Of course, the boy next to Mahoko, said Takahashi-kun, wasn't thinking anything of the sort. He was marveling at how his deception had passed so easily. How easy it was to infiltrate human schools! All they had wanted was his guardian's signature! Which he forged, of course. 8,000-year-old deities didn't exactly have guardians.




"Sato-sensei, do you know where Takahashi-kun came from?" Mahoko asked innocently.

"Ah, shucks. I'm sorry, Yamaguchi-kun, but I don't know," Sato-sensei responded good-naturedly.

"It's ok… I was just wondering."

"Why don't ya ask the headmaster? I'm sure he knows," he replied helpfully.

"Ok! Thank you very much, Sato-sensei!"




At lunch time, Tokine stumbled in from her classroom with scratches covering her face, arms, and legs.

"OMG! Tokine? Are you ok?" Mahoko questioned anxiously.

"I'm fine…"

"What happened?"

"Momoka was dragging me to school and I used my ninja skills to dodge her and I fell into a pit of angry cats," Tokine explained nonchalantly.

"What?!? How do you fall into a pit of angry cats?!? How do even find a pit of angry cats in the middle of Tokyo?!?" Mahoko exclaimed in frenzy just as Momoka came waltzing in.

"How do you speak like Yoda?" she asked.

Ryomi, who was sitting nearby, answered, "VOS, or more simply put, verb, then object, then subject."

"Eh? Give an example, Ryomi."

"Fine. Speaking like Yoda, I am."

"That was great Ryomi! You are so cool," Momoka squealed.

"…Um… You're being too loud…" Saeko muttered shyly.

"Oh! Sorry, SaekoI got too caught up."

"…Um…it's ok…"

"I'm going to go spy on the transfer student, guys. Momoka, please calm down." Mahoko announced mysteriously.

"Eh? A transfer student? Is he cute?"

"I don't know… I'm not sure that he's…"

"Ah! This has never happened at school before, has it, Mahoko," Tokine inquired.

"No. His name is Takahashi Hayate, and nobody knows where he came from. His left eye is gray and the rest of him is as average as you could get."

"Then, we must spy on him! Troops move out!"




Mahoko found Takahashi-kun on the roof, talking to Hanamori-san from her class. She sneaked closer so she could hear them.

"It seems like your precious Mine is listening. She still doesn't know how to hide her shining aura."

"Hmph. Don't reveal too much. What are you doing here anyway, Haku?"

"Aw, how cruel! I just wanted to check on you…"

"Don't play innocent, snake."

"Hey! I take offense at that! I'm not a snake, I'm a serpent!"

"Big difference."

"Hmph."

"I'm warning you, don't go near Mine-dono."

"I just wanted to see what sort of human could draw together the worlds."

"Hmph."

"Don't be so cold, tortoise. I won't bite."

"Hey! I take offense at that! I'm not a tortoise, I'm a turtle!"

"Now you know how I feel."

"Listen up Haku. 8,000 years old or not, I kill you if you make her feel any kind of pain." With that, Hanamori-san walked off.

Takahashi-kun spoke suddenly. "Yamaguchi-san was it? Come out here. I know you're there." Mahoko shuddered. "Don't be scared, I don't bite. You heard Hanamori-san. She'll kill me if I do that." Mahoko stayed still. He slowly titled his head in her direction. She ran back into her classroom as quickly as she could. He was there a second later, casually strolling in from lunch. He glanced at her. His left eye glinted.

Thanks for reading! Please R&R!
© Copyright 2011 yonet-chan (mehpeepils at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752301-Mine---Chosen-one