*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752358-New-Moon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1752358
Story of twins who end up in an unknown adventure.
New Moon

Chapter 1

“Becka!!” Julie yelled at the top of her lungs. She was not in the mood at all for any of her sister’s shenanigans, “Becka!!”

“Relax. Relax,” Becka smirked as she walked into the room, “What’s up?”

“This.” Julie held out a sheet of paper for Becka to look at.

“Oh yeah……oh, is that party today?” Becka asked innocently. But she wasn’t innocent at all. Becka knew that her sister’s very important party was today but it amused her how mad Julie could get.

“Cute. Now go change your clothes, they’ll be here any minute.” She walked away from her sister then turned back around, “Oh, and please do something with your hair. Thanks!”

“Yeah, whatever” Becka thought as she went up the stairs. She went straight into her closet to look for that white dress that she only wore on really special occasions. Once she found it, she slipped it on and went to the mirror.
“Hmm, what should I do with my hair?” Becka wondered.

The door bell rang and Julie, wearing the same exact dress as Becka, came out of the kitchen.

“Becka!” She yelled up the stairs.

“I know, I know. I’m right here, I couldn’t figure out what to do with my hair. So, I just put it in a bun. I was going to do a ponytail, but you are wearing a ponytail and I didn’t want to look one hundred percent like you. And I would since we are twins.” Becka explained.

“Yeah, Becka. Shut up.” Julie said, opening the door for her all – too – important guests to come in.

“Welcome!” the girls smiled in unison.

“How lovely,” Mrs. Henderson cooed, “don’t you think, dear?”

“Yes,” Mr. Henderson agreed, “The twins are at it again, huh?”

“Well,” Julie started.

“I like your matching dresses,” Peter cut in, “You both look nice.”

“Hi!” Margrette exclaimed as she got out of her car, “Becka! Julie! How are you?”

“Hello Margrette,” Becka responded as their guest reached the door, “we are great.”

“How are you?” Julie asked.

“Fine, fine,” Margrette said, stepping inside.

Outside another car came in and more doors were opening and closing. Julie smiled and glanced at Becka. They were having the same thought. This would be a lovely day for a small tea party.

“They all came at the same time,” Becka spoke their thought, “how nice.”

After everyone was inside Julie served the tea and put out little finger sandwiches and cookies. Everyone seemed to be in a wonderful mood. And the room began to brighten up as the guests chatted. Becka and Julie were the two heads of the table.

“So, Juliana,” Ms. Claire stared as Julie sat down, “where did you and your sister get your matching dresses? They are to die for.”

“Oh yes,” Mrs. Henderson agreed from Julie’s other side, “do tell us where.”
“Well actually,” Julie smiled, “we found these at a thrift shop when we were donating some of our old clothes.”

“How darling,” Mrs. Henderson squealed.

At the other end of the table Becka was carrying on a conversation of her own. She had Peter to her right and Margrette to her left. At the moment she was talking to Margrette about the season dinner that was coming up.

“Last year I was sick for the spring season dinner and had to miss,” Margrette was telling Becka.

“Oh, yes, I remember that,” Becka commented.

“We did miss you, though,” Peter jumped in, “Everyone in town always shows up. It is easy to notice a missing friend.”

“Oh, how sweet of you to say,” Margrette smiled at Peter, “Did your mother cut her hair? It’s darling.”

“She did,” he replied kindly, “how sweet of you to notice.”

Margrette smiled and then turned to her other side where Mr. Jacobson had begun an interesting story from when he was in Africa. Becka saw out of the corner of her eye Peter smiling at her. She turned towards him.

“Yes?” she asked a bit irritated.

“Nothing,” he replied, sitting up a little more, “You just look so lovely under these lights.”

“Oh please,” Becka snapped, leaning towards Peter and lowering her voice, “What do you really want?”

“You tell me,” he smiled, slipping a note into Becka’s hand and looking the other way to join another conversation.

“What could it possibly say?” Becka wondered to herself.

Even though it was ruin to do Becka opened up the note underneath the table where no one could see. No one was talking to her, which made it less rude. She finally had the note open and began to read.

Rebecka,
This is a little hard for me to say, well write. I can not actually muster up the courage to say this to your face. This being the case, I wrote it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Your smile makes me crazy
I’m in love with you
I hope this explains everything that I have said over the past couple months. Also, meet me at the corner of Duncan and Mulberry tonight at 8:00pm. Don’t question, just do it.
Peter-Philippe

Could this be true? Could Peter really like Becka? Thoughts swirled around her head. How could it be? Looking back on the past couples months, however, she found it to be true. It did explain what he had been saying before.

“So, Becka,” Kristen began from next to Peter, “You must tell us where your parents are to miss such a fine party.”

“Oh, yes” Becka smiled, regaining her composure and hoping the color would fade from her cheeks, “They are out of town on a business trip for a few days.”

“On such lovely summer days too,” Kristen shook her head, “What a shame.”

“Indeed,” Becka agreed as Kristen started a conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Monroe.

Becka, however, noticed Peter still staring at her. The color had obviously not completely left her cheeks. His staring just added to the problem.

“What now?” she asked in a hushed tone.
“Oh nothing,” Peter smiled, “You’re just cute is all.”
© Copyright 2011 Veronica (veronica1600 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752358-New-Moon